Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

Okidoke-need some wad help here-

Okay- so I got this wad I did- and theres a million and one 'texture column' errors when I try it in Boom- what are they and how do I get rid of them?
Also, when I try the wad in OpenGL mode in Legacy (its the only OpenGl engine for Doom I have on me) its looks like crap- theres triangular holes in the ground at times- how do I fix THAT?
Finally- what do you reckon is the best node builder? (is that the right terminology?) I've been using Warm- its good and all, but at times I get 'streaming floor'/'Waterfall floor' bugs, if you know what I mean.

any help- thanks

I've heard legacy has terrible GL support, try it in something that supports GL nodes like Jdoom or ZdoomGL. I think Jdoom even comes with GLBSP, so run that on your wad and see if its any different.

As for node builder, if this is the map I am thinking of, it is enough to make any nodebuilder cry. Too many unclosed sectors and overlapping linedefs.... someone has said that WARM actually deals with this situation the best, so I'd stick with that.

Foofoo said:

Okay- so I got this wad I did- and theres a million and one 'texture column' errors when I try it in Boom- what are they and how do I get rid of them?

I guess you added custom textures? Make sure there are no empty columns in the textures, i.e. there are to be part of a patch in each and every column.

You could always try the Zennode nodesbuilder for better Legacy support (works good with all other ports too of course).