Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caco-Puff

The D3 Rant Thread!

Well I'm pissed about one thing,According to Planet DooM the Cacodemon will be sending out Lost Souls rather then the Pain Elemental this time around.But if the monsters def file for the alpha or whatever it has no entires involving the Pain Elemental.

Well maybe this is a good thing,Cause it might of ended up like the DooM 64 Pain Elemental. *shudder*

Weve already had this rant/subject in another thread m8, concludes that it will be ok if the pain... sorry caco has an offensive attack aswell as spawning lost souls. :)

Well, since the thread is named "D3 Rant thread", it can appropriately be used for other rants people might have on Doom 3 as well.

I've got lots of little rants about D3 myself, but I think I'll wait until some other rants have been posted first.

I got a rant. Why the fuck are they changing the mancubi to female? Honestly, new designs are good, but too much makes it not the same thing. Or something.

ScareCrow said:

I got a rant. Why the fuck are they changing the mancubi to female?

The mancubus is too big to have a penis :P

Anyway, the only thing I want to rant about is how Doom3 is coming out the week AFTER Spring Break :(

I have a rant I'm tired of fucking Id and Activision being retarded about hiding the release date.

ScareCrow said:

I got a rant. Why the fuck are they changing the mancubi to female? Honestly, new designs are good, but too much makes it not the same thing. Or something.

How many female creatures were there in the original Dooms? Zero. So everything being equal and all that, it's only right they should finally have some women hellspawn.

I would rather them not tell us the release date until they were certain that it would be released on that date, instead of the "release date, delay, new release date, another delay, a much later release date, yet another delay, source or beta leak, still another release date, more delays, etc." that we get with many other games.

ScareCrow said:

They're not trying to do a remake here - they're trying to make an entirely new game loosely based on the original. That entitles them to make "improvements" as they see fit. Personally, I think it's cool that they make the mancubus female (heh, mancubusse) - as long as it's fat, disgusting and has two rocket launchers/flame throwers as arms I'm perfectly happy with it.

I have a rant I'm tired of fucking Id and Activision being retarded about hiding the release date.

If Id and Activision gave out the release date, then I'd be the one ranting here. Planned release dates are rarely met and then you got hordes of fanboys bitching and whining over delays. No, I'd rather that they unleash it without any warning whatsoever.

I dont like the idea of the "limited inventory" hinted at in that recent article, sure its okay to have players choose between a gun or a flashlight in certian sections..but having to leave guns behind to carry it? no.

deathbringer said:

I dont like the idea of the "limited inventory" hinted at in that recent article, sure its okay to have players choose between a gun or a flashlight in certian sections..but having to leave guns behind to carry it? no.

Heh how retarded its like the marine only has one arm and can't carry a damn flashlight and a damn gun at the same time. That and they might not put backpacks or anything like that in the game. And doesn't a marine have something to carry multiple guns? wtf

ID are not "hiding" the release date.

In fact, from practically the very moment they announced Doom 3, they've been completely open about when Doom 3 will be released:

When it's done.

ScareCrow said:

I heard that the mancubus was already female in the original doom. it has some very female anatomy. (stomach area) And I believe id said this to in some article, I'l search for it later if you want.

EVIL said:

I heard that the mancubus was already female in the original doom. it has some very female anatomy. (stomach area) And I believe id said this to in some article, I'l search for it later if you want.

Man the Mancubus must be in drag, coz it has such a masculine voice lol.

I dont mind it we can only use one item at a time, adds to the evil i think. Plus im wondering how many weapons u can carry, i doubt even the strongest of men could carry all 8 or so weapons without moving at the speed of a doom 1 zombie.

My Rant is: Damn u ID, put in a coop for the PC gamers!!! u dont wanna look bad against MS X-Box do u (joke - ID could never look bad, especially against Microsoft).

I will also rant about the omission of multiplayer coop. You'd figure they'd do it, considering it was their selling point in the original series. And Deathmatch was a last-minute addition, but god forbid they omit it these days...

I will also be forced to revive this thread if I have to rant about it not kicking HL2's ass in sales.

ScareCrow said:

According to John Romero, the Mancubus was always female.

I was reading this at PlanetDoom on there homepage (news. This ones from March 7 2004). I just couldn't believe what I was reading and then when I read the update at the very end I busted up laughing (PlanetDoom shows almost anything a company says). Perhaps this was talked about already but whatever.

The german magazine PCGames Hardware has a quick Q&A with John Carmack in their latest issue. It’s very short, but there are a lot of new and unbelievable information.

* A video card with at least 128MB RAM and Pixel Shader 1.1 support is required for DOOM 3.
* A 2.5GHz CPU should be enough for the stencil shadows and physics calculations.
* The testing phase might last till summer or even later this year.
* DOOM 3 will be released on 4 CDs.

Last time we heard about the target system for DOOM 3 it was just a PC with a GeForce 3 class video card, but according to that Q&A it will be the minimum. Maybe we will find out more during the upcoming GDC.

Update: After reading this information, we asked id software for confirmation and they have replied saying that the information that appeared in the article is totally false and a fabrication on the magazine's part.

Melfice said:

Frankly, I'm glad that they haven't given a set release date. Look how many games actually meet their release dates. Duke Nukem Forever and Half-Life 2 are some victims of dropping the release date bomb too soon.

Holering said:

You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same.

No, I laugh at you because of your misuse of proper grammer. ; P

Here's one: You non-conformists are all alike.

Numbermind said:

I will also rant about the omission of multiplayer coop. You'd figure they'd do it, considering it was their selling point in the original series. And Deathmatch was a last-minute addition, but god forbid they omit it these days...

I will also be forced to revive this thread if I have to rant about it not kicking HL2's ass in sales.

I believe the x-box version is going to have multiplayer coop

BBG said:

Frankly, I'm glad that they haven't given a set release date. Look how many games actually meet their release dates. Duke Nukem Forever and Half-Life 2 are some victims of dropping the release date bomb too soon.

Yeah well HalfLife2 also got it's source leaked which is a reason. I'd prefer if they had a release date, it's better to have a release date even if it does'n't hold up than to hope blindly never knowing if it'll even get released (which I'm even starting to question at this point).

Oh and multiplayer Coop, I don't mind that it isn't there, because I prefer to go through the SP mode as a *single player*.

Melfice said:

Oh and multiplayer Coop, I don't mind that it isn't there, because I prefer to go through the SP mode as a *single player*.

Yeah, well the implementation of a coop mode won't prevent you from playing the single player campaign as a *single player*, but the lack of a coop mode will prevent those of us who like to play coop from enjoying the best multiplayer mode ever invented in Doom 3 - hence why some of us are unhappy about the lack of coop in PC Doom 3.

Lacking coop is one of my own rants, but it's pretty minor - I don't wanna whine about it.
Hey, it'd be great if a friend of mine would purchase an X-Box and Doom 3 for it and then he and I could sit and cooperate our way through Doom 3 (I will carry along my experience from the PC single player, but will be hampered by my inexperiecne in handling a controller - he will come along with his superb controller handling skillz but will lack the experience in the Doom 3 world) :-P

Melfice
Well m8, they did have a release date, until that icky hacker bollixed up their plans! :(

As a sumptuous lad who had the luxury of witnessing the beta in all it's extravagant resplendence, i can tell you candidly that it was veiled in incredibly cheesy graphics and gameplay mechanics (HL2, that is). I surely hope he didn't purloin the sole version immured in Valve's offices, otherwise, the prorouged release date was anything but inevitable...

Sure enough, it's never too late to bushel things up a bit, although Valve's reputation is hinged upon the pretermit release date.

Im going to rant again because doom 3 might be delayed because of Activision

dsm said:

Yeah, well the implementation of a coop mode won't prevent you from playing the single player campaign as a *single player*, but the lack of a coop mode will prevent those of us who like to play coop from enjoying the best multiplayer mode ever invented in Doom 3 - hence why some of us are unhappy about the lack of coop in PC Doom 3.

Lacking coop is one of my own rants, but it's pretty minor - I don't wanna whine about it.

I'm unhappy about it. That was a feature I have never had the sys capabilities to use in any other game, and now that I will, it would have been nice ; (
Single player is fun, but how much more awesome (yes less scary) could the game be battling the forces of Hell with your best bud? And it definately adds to replay value. Oh well, someone will make a mod for it. I can't imagine it'd be all that hard. You'd just have to create spawn points in every level and if the game has multiple difficulty settings, you wouldn't even need to adjust the monster's health etc, although that would be a cool extra; having the monsters twice as hard to kill so you and you friend need to work together. And adding more ammo in the levels and stuff. Well, after D3 comes out we'll all see.

Scabbed Angel said:

Oh well, someone will make a mod for it. I can't imagine it'd be all that hard. You'd just have to create spawn points in every level and if the game has multiple difficulty settings, you wouldn't even need to adjust the monster's health etc, although that would be a cool extra; having the monsters twice as hard to kill so you and you friend need to work together. And adding more ammo in the levels and stuff. Well, after D3 comes out we'll all see.

Afaik, coop mods tend to be full of bugs - it seems to be very hard indeed to make a flawless coop modification.
Furthermore, coop doesn't work well in cramped spaces which Doom 3 is full of.

Making a coop mod would require a series of separate maps with a completely different design.

Not if it was restricted to 2 players surely, i doubt doom 3 maps will fit 4 players but 2 should be no problem.