Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Bare Breasts

Should women have the legal right to bare their breasts in public?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Should women have the legal right to bare their breasts in public?

• Yes
    • No
    • No one should
    • Undecided

Yes, I must say, that being a guy and all, girls have every right in the world to bare their breasts.

Take the good with the bad, I suppose.

I'd be inclined to wholeheartedly agree, were it not for the horrible sagging issues that would imminently occur. That and the fact that the unveiling of women's breasts is a very special moment for me; I wouldn't want the overexposure to ruin that.

Bloodshedder said:

Have you ever considered that you might not want to lay your eyes on every pair of breasts out there?

Tell that to the guys that go around shirtless. Whether you want them to or not, guys go around shirtless. Females should have the same option if they wish to. Some do it at beaches anyway.

Bloodshedder said:

Have you ever considered that you might not want to lay your eyes on every pair of breasts out there?

Yeah, but like Gooberman said, there are just as many men who shouldn't be allowed to take off thier shirts (me for example), but they do. Thankfully, I think most use their discretion and choose not to (me for example), but they do. Saying that women are allowed to take off their shirts does not mean they HAVE to, it just gives them the option to if they want. Not allowing women to take off their shirts is really a violation of civil rights.

I think you people are confusing "everywhere". No I would probably prefer that women don't walk around topless, but I also prefer if men don't walk around topless. Even in Europe women don't alk into grocery stores or down the street topless. Public establishments like stores or restaurants require people to be clothed. Even men can't walk topless everywhere. The level or shock that people (in America) exhibit upon the sight of a bare chested woman is absurd. Do I want to see topless women everywhere? No... but should women have the right to bare themselves where appropriate (beaches, breast feeding) I truly feel that nobody will be scarred or should be offended. Seriously it's not even that big of a deal.

Why not? They'd have to comply with shoes/shirt restrictions just like everyone else.

I say no. Women's breasts are looked at as private parts just as a penis. At least in America, it is this way. So I say no, because in my opinion they ARE private parts and should be kept that way. (not only that it takes all the fun out of it)

Ralphis said:

I say no. Women's breasts are looked at as private parts just as a penis. At least in America, it is this way. So I say no, because in my opinion they ARE private parts and should be kept that way. (not only that it takes all the fun out of it)

Erm, thats kind of a silly argument.

"Well, you see it's like this, so that means it should always be this way."

"All of our grain is exported to other countries so the high-ups can have money instead of feeding all the people who are starving. At least in Russia, it is this way. So I say let them continue doing this, because thats how they do things around here."

Also, WTF do you mean they are private parts. To me, that means organs used for sexual intercourse. Boobs are for making milk.

Why not? We're too uptight about human anatomy.

Clothing basically has two purposes: protecting against weather and various potentially harmful forces of nature/providing physical comfort, and concealing parts of the body that the wearer does not wish others to see/exposing what the wearer does wish others to see - for moral and aesthetic aspects.

The moral aspect of deciding what others should be allowed to see is groundless; pure dumb custom. If we were actually used to this, as we are with male specimens exposing their chests, we wouldn't give a shit.

For the aesthetic part, why not? People already choose to reveal parts of their body that they feel represent them positively. If women don't think their breasts have a negative effect on their overall appearance, there's no problem for them.

And then the reason of comfort and practical reasons: I assume this is the primary reason why women would choose to bare their breasts. Since it's a purely practical matter, no problem here.

I must say, I've actually only ever seen a small number of women walking around completely topless away from the beaches despite living in the mediterranean for 9 years or so. I'm not against it; I don't have to look and a stranger's nudity never really bothers me in any form. I find it strange the way people can be so horrified about seeing a couple of breasts in public.

I think the regular argument is that people may get offended by bare breasts in public, due to cultural reasons and the unwritten rules of society. As such, it is a good idea to have such a law to prevent people to bare their breasts just to avoid people getting angry. There has to be a change in culture to allow this kind of thing, and besides it isn't really controversial to disallow bare breasts in public, since few does it due to the unwritten laws mentioned above.

There are always ways to get around laws like that, of course. Transparent clothes, thin dresses etc that actually covers (at least partially) the breasts but still achieves "the intended effect".

Bloodshedder said:

oh god the grannies!

BlackFish said:

As long as old women don't start walking around.

Wouldn't it be bad enough if they start walking around in bikinis?

BlackFish said:

As long as old women don't start walking around.

Leave Modders out of this! :P

I don't think it is as good as it sounds:

1: Would you want other men to see your girlfriends breasts; or your mothers for that sake?

2: Walking around with bare breasts year after year will make them all baggy and ugly. The bra supports and preserves the shape and structure of the breasts for decenia.

Respect the bra!

m0l0t0v said:

1: Would you want other men to see your girlfriends breasts; or your mothers for that sake?

In some cultures, men don't want others to see their wives' faces.

Ralphis said:

oh my god its grul

Gather the cattle, close the city gates.

Silverwyvern said:

Maybe someday breasts will be so 'everyday', some men will stop judging women by them.

God I hope not.

Anyone want to post a pic of some nice boobs?

Linguica said:

God I hope not.

Anyone want to post a pic of some nice boobs?

yes