Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
niguel

Whoa... map help

For years... this shit has been in my dreams. That's this game called DOOM. yea, i see dreams of DOOM almost every night. The levels are fucking awesome, creepy atmospheric maps... i realized that i must start creating these levels i see in my dreams... they are so odd. recommend me some good mapping tools and i will fulfill my destiny.

DoomBuilder is a good place to start at. Unfortunently, it doesn't have a help file or tutorial or nothin', so you got to play around with it a bit. You can find it at doombuilder.com where you can download it for free. There are plenty of internet resources around as well as experienced mappers around if you get stuck.

Good Luck

I've dreamt Doom levels I want built. They usually have this fantastic (as in fantasy) feel to them, and are freakish, and eerie, but in a dream/Salvidaore Dali-ish way.

John Anderson is writing documentation and complete tutorial for Doom Builder. This will be finished very soon and will be included with Doom Builder.

niguel said:

For years... this shit has been in my dreams. That's this game called DOOM. yea, i see dreams of DOOM almost every night. The levels are fucking awesome, creepy atmospheric maps... i realized that i must start creating these levels i see in my dreams... they are so odd. recommend me some good mapping tools and i will fulfill my destiny.

So I'm not the only one who dreams of Doom. Mine come out feeling more like a Silent Hill game, only with Cacodemons. And yes, it's EXTREMELY atmospheric, since you're not just playing Doom, you're living it. Or dreaming it anyway.