Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

This is so goddam cool

The site owner over at Risen3d:
http://risen3d.newdoom.com/
emailed me to let me know that Bloodworks:
http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/descent/bloodworks.html
works with their opengl port. This is the ONLY openGL port that actually runs it correctly and/or doesn't crash upon startup. TALK ABOUT STOKED!
This adds a whole new dimension of cool to that map. I also tested it with THE HUB:
http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/descent/descent3.html
and that rendered properly also (as opposed to the way it looked in JDOOM.) This might actually breath some new life into me about getting my ass in gear for a new map! Finally, an OPENGL port that can render the see through door trick properly and not screw up the nodes on 3d bridges - THIS IS NEWS!

If only the link to download Risen3d actually worked, I just might care. Unfortunately, it seems that it doesn't. Oh well.

Wow, it requires a better computer than the one required for Quake 3. Something is really wrong with it.

And I don't want to be rude, but that screenshots are bad.

Vegeta said:

Wow, it requires a better computer than the one required for Quake 3. Something is really wrong with it.

And I don't want to be rude, but that screenshots are bad.

Well, I really don't care if you like the screenshots so no sweat. As for the computer - what? I ran this in this port on a 1 ghz with a geforce4 and 256 megs of ram without a single slowdown so either you have a really shitty machine or a really shitty video card or something. The OPENGL itself takes up quite a bit of video processing as does the level. You should really consider upgrading your machine. Not my fault you have a lower end model.

Maybe it doesn't work because he's one of the many people who've blocked newdoom.com on their computer :p

NiGHTMARE said:

Maybe it doesn't work because he's one of the many people who've blocked newdoom.com on their computer :p

Why would you cut off a resource like that? There are alot of decent hosted sites there - like the Risen3d thing.

Maybe because the owner of that site decided on a whim to cut us off. A lot of those resources, screenshots, links, etc. are only available on the forums, which is kind of hard to get to when your IP address has been banned.

Ichor said:

Maybe because the owner of that site decided on a whim to cut us off. A lot of those resources, screenshots, links, etc. are only available on the forums, which is kind of hard to get to when your IP address has been banned.

That sucks. Too bad too, cuz that's where Dr. Doom's Apothecary went too.

Normally, that would work. However, all I get is a message saying, "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here".

Blah.

I can't get the launcher to work, it complains it couldn't load sstab from tabctl32.ocx.

Works ok from the bat file though, and it does render fake and 3d bridges really well. It does screw up sometimes on standard areas like lifts.

Szymanski said:

I can't get the launcher to work, it complains it couldn't load sstab from tabctl32.ocx.

Works ok from the bat file though, and it does render fake and 3d bridges really well. It does screw up sometimes on standard areas like lifts.

I couldn't get the launcher to work either. I just use a batch file.

Ichor said:

Normally, that would work. However, all I get is a message saying, "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here".

Blah.

Couldnt you use a proxy site? I've only heard of something like that being used in China to escape the censors, so I dont know how you'd actually go about it. But it might be worth taking a look...

I can access a computer at work to get around the IP ban, so there's no problems there. However, I can only use it for brief periods. It's just as well, I suppose, since there really isn't much happening over there except for Rants and Raves and maybe the Doom 3 forum.

Er . . . Doomsday section? Though I admit that has been kinda dry lately . . .

Ichor said:

also all newdoom.com email accounts have banned most of all emails of doomworld forum members. I've realized this when I tried to email Metabolist...

Yeesh Doomworld, and Newdoom sure don't seem to get along too well. I can at least visit Newdoom, but I usually don't even realize I'm on their site when I go there because it is only for a project or source port download... I never even gave them a link on my webpage.

We don't have anything against NewDoom. It's the owner of that site that's the problem. Even most of the moderators over there have had issues with him on more than one occasion.

Pure rivalry I guess. But if banning DoomWorld stuff is his way of trying to get a monopoly then you could safely say he failed.

Brad_tilf said:

I ran this in this port on a 1 ghz with a geforce4 and 256 megs of ram without a single slowdown so either you have a really shitty machine or a really shitty video card or something.

You don't understand what I'm talking about. I can run that source port or wathever it is, but what I'm saying is that Quake 3 has better models, graphics, maps, AI, and require a far slower machine. Something really wrong has been done with the coding. Just look at the minimum system requirements of that thing and the ones of Quake 3. That's all, don't take it as something personal unless you are the author.

Vegeta said:

You don't understand what I'm talking about. I can run that source port or wathever it is, but what I'm saying is that Quake 3 has better models, graphics, maps, AI, and require a far slower machine. Something really wrong has been done with the coding. Just look at the minimum system requirements of that thing and the ones of Quake 3. That's all, don't take it as something personal unless you are the author.

It's still a fairly new port so I would say that any improvements will be made over time.