Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mivalekan

What the?

Okay, everything got moved to my Doom Builder folder. That is really wierd. It didn't move my .ZIP files though. Does anyone have a link to 60.CAB? (Zdoom)

What moved what? Are you sure you didn't accidentally drag 'n drop some files into the same window?

Nope. It goes like this: I wake up, get on the computer, I read a topic about how Plutonia is too hard, yadda yadda. So I decided to play Plutonia. I play that for a bit, get to level 3 and get bored. Stop. I do something else for a little bit, come back, and everything in my Doom folder was gone.

Though, I just went through with UnErase wizard with norton and the files are still there apparently. The little icon by the name is faded though. I managed to UnErase doom2.exe. :P

So anyway, apparently the files are still there, but hidden or something?

And I looked through my Doom Builder folder, not everything is there. I'm missing like half of my WADs and things like Getwad Wintex and even Zdoom. Any suggestions? ;/

Somebody played a (not very funny) prank on you? Or maybe a virus?

Hmm... Apparently the files still exist, I just can't access them. I used norton and recovered Doom2.exe. But I can't run it because I don't have the required files, etc. What are all of the files required to Doom2.exe called? Maybe I can restore them and then redownload everything I lost? :D

When a file gets deleted by Windows (and DOS, don't know about other OS'es), only the... uhm.. "link" to the file gets deleted, not the file's contents and filename. So basically the files are deleted but salvageable by Norton.

The onle files that'll need to be able to run Doom2 are doom2.exe and doom.wad (the latter one being the most important because it's all that source ports like ZDoom need to be able to play a game).