• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Deathmatch Review : The Shadow Realm

Level Review : freewebs.com/shadowrunner89/ShadowRealm.zip]The Shadow Realm
Author : Shadowrunner

At a Glance:
This wad lacks what most deathmatchers are looking for, and that is gameplay. Many deadends for no reason, inescapable pits, and many obstacles lead to a horrifying deathmatch experience.

Detail:
At first look, you can see that Shadowrunner intended to make a great looking wad! Unfortunately for him, he failed miserably. Odd lighting, queerily placed textures, and color clashing lead to a jolly good eye-bleeding time.

Connectivity:
Virtually none. All rooms lead to dead ends or pits that you will just fall in and die.

Weapon Placement:
Disgustingly bad. Obsecure places and an overabundance of berserk packs lead to a short sighted boxing match.

The Word:
Avoid.

Yay for boredom.

At a Glance:
Looks okay, but then get ugly real soon.

Detail:
Although he intended to make as much detail as he could, it ended up BAD!

Connectivity:
What ralphis said

Weapon Placement:
WHERE THE HELL ARE THE WEAPONS!?

The Word:
Nice try, but the gameplay is shitty

Nick Perrin said:

what the hell is this? does show shadowrunner even know you made this?

Shhhh, quiet

The main problem with the detail is that it's all copy-and-paste. Plus a bit too much red. I cant say about the gameplay since I only looked at it. The inescapable pits don't strike me as being too much fun though.

BlackFish said:

Yay for boredom.

...review...

He's not the only one who uses inescapable pits...

I might actually give the map a go if Legacy would quit crashing on me.

I think the best way to make a DM map is to build the general layout first, thinking strictly GAMEPLAY ONLY, with a theme in mind. then, after testing it for flow and weapon placement etc., add detail and better texturing.

Damn... I have to try this level!!! heh

I think this thread should be stickied to be an eternal reminder to Shaddy to NEVER EVER MAP AGAIN EVER.

Ralphis,Please waste your time on someone else.And that link was private you asshole.

Johnny same with you.

Edit:MY MY MY MY TITLE.........................RALPHIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think ShadowRunner has discovered time travel. I started Zdoom and was instantly transported back to 1996.

All of you are probably jealous because you can't produce your own WADS that have some quality embedded in them.

So do both me and shadow (just us because most of you idiots are against us anyways) a favor and let us see some of your WADS so that we can see how "great" they turn out to be.

And Blackfish. If you are an admin here. You suck.

Pppffpffpygerhheheehahaaaahahahahaaaaaaa!

Wait, wait...heheeh.

Ok, wait...Blackfish an administrator?

...falls out of his chair in a fit of hysterics...

chubberz said:

So do both me and shadow (just us because most of you idiots are against us anyways) a favor and let us see some of your WADS so that we can see how "great" they turn out to be.

http://doom2.net/~doomrealm/img/DB02.jpg
http://doom2.net/~doomrealm/img/DB01.jpg
http://doom2.net/~doomrealm/img/SewerTerminal1.jpg
http://doom2.net/~doomrealm/img/SewerTerminal2.jpg

Just because you asked, of course.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not implying that these map screenies of mine are the BEST EVAR or anything. That's just a pointless thing to say.