Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

God mode can be destroyed if an incredible high damage taking attack{which can only be achieved by dehacked or whacked} is hit upon the player. All I want to know is: what is the limit of damage god mode can withstand?

if(damage < 1000 && ((player->cheats&CF_GODMODE) || player->powers[pw_invulnerability]))
{
    return;
}

Ichor said:

if(damage < 1000 && ((player->cheats&CF_GODMODE) || player->powers[pw_invulnerability]))
{
    return;
}

So 1000 is the limit? If I made something that hurt 1001 damage would it take one health away from god mode, or obliterate you?

well, BFG can do well over 1000 damages... so it should an invulnerable player.

But the BFG damages are divided between the green ball direct damage and the 40 traces that spread right after. And none of these taken separately can do over 1000 damages.

Getting hit by the spawn cubes in MAP30 with invulnerability will kill you (I think it's really a telefrag).

I spent a little while mucking around with some little dehacked patches changing the damage done by cyber rockets. The lowest I tried was 750, and they often seemed to kill the player (when invulnerable). Maybe that's due to some random factors - I'm not sure.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Not even God Mode/Degreelessness Mode can withstand the Hurt-Ending sectors! Mwhahahah! :D

Well, I think that sector simply removes god mode when you walk into it.

750 is really 750 hitdice, or 750 X a random number between 1 and 8. This means that it would do between 750 and 6000 damage.

Ah, that makes sense. With 750 there was a chance (albeit small) it wouldn't kill me; with 2000 it would always kill me.