Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Do you use Doom Wad Station?

I've been trying to figure out if the amount of work and money that I put into keeping Doom Wad Station online is worth it. How many of you actually use my site and how many would give a shit if it went offline?

Use3D said:

maybe find a cheaper host? going offline seems extreme.

It's not that it's that expensive - cd sales and occasional donations are enough to pay for it - I'm basically wondering if anybody would really give a shit.

Are you still reviewing wads? If you are, than keep it, because I think everybody has downloaded all of the good wads there.

I use it occasionally. I'd be a bit disappointed if you took it down since I know there are some PWADs available there that aren't on the main archive.

Well, I haven't used the site much, but I have downloaded some wads from there that aren't on anywhere else. It really shows that you have put much effort to it so it would be a shame if it wouldn't exist anymore.

I think it has a lot of links and information. The reviews are good. Good stuff.
I'd hate to see DWS go down.

NO DONT TAKE IT DOWN!

That would be another crush in the Doom community. I go there like once-twice every week so please keep it up! =/

To be honest, I've only been there a couple of times, but it was to download a couple of rare levels that couldn't be found anywhere else, also I read some of your reviews while I was there, good stuff.
In short, don't take it down.

I visit occasionally, if I suspect that a particular wad is there and I can't find it elsewhere.

Also, if I pick up a good wad there, I'll often download other related wads (such as those by "Shitbag", who as a result is one of my favourite little-known mappers).

Grazza said:

I visit occasionally, if I suspect that a particular wad is there and I can't find it elsewhere.

Also, if I pick up a good wad there, I'll often download other related wads (such as those by "Shitbag", who as a result is one of my favourite little-known mappers).

He is, without a doubt, one of the best mappers that nobody knows about.

I just enter by chance when I'm looking in Google for certain wad, and it gives me a link to your site.

Doomworld, the archives, DOOM Depot, and The Page of DOOM are the only DOOM sites that I visit "intentionally". But as some wads are there and in no other place, I'd not like if you take it down.

If it is costing too much, take it down. I don't think anyone wants you spending a lot of money on a website when there are thousands of other wads. If you don't really care too much, just keep it up!
It's a great website.

I always admired Doom Wad Station for their ability to keep such a large archive of wads all with reviews and screenshots.

BTW, if you read the thread from that guy asking about megawads it is quite clear where he got his list from. :)

DWS is classic. There's some great stuff there and it'd be a real shame to lose it. I've visited loads of times b4 and there's still so much I haven't yet found

You could very well take off all the stuff that's hosted elsewhere, keep unique or highly relevant stuff, plus (obviously) reviews and info, and you should hardly have hosting issues, and you'd have a lesser need for maintenance work of any sort. Bloating your site with stuff that's already elsewhere isn't really necessary; you can simply link to the source, usually the 3D Gamers Archive. The site will be (and will look) cleaner, to boot.

Maybe Doomworld should post more news on when other Doom sites are updated. There's only news every 2 or 3 days anyway. Persoanlly I don't remember last time I was there, but still, there more Doom the better, right.

Myk, if you're not planning to fix that WAD, THEN FUCKING TELL ME ALREADY! I'm STILL waiting.