Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vile1011

Demo

Since I haven't heard anything from my alpha testers, I figured I might as well post a one level demo. It's not done, but it's finished enough to be playable, and I think it came out rather nice. There are a few bugs, but they're mostly nitpicks.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/vile1011/doom/Screenshots.html

If you're wondering why I don't finish the level completely before sending it, it's because I'm working on many levels at once, because the "fix all the minor little bugs that nobody will notice" task usually winds up taking more time than it took to build the rest of the level in the first place, and I want to have my megawad mostly done before I get to that point.

I don't know what to say... I'm almost numb. Very disappointing that a level of this caliper can't get more praising and attention. Don't ever bury this one, never! Just finetune the gameplay, align those texture and make some places as detailed as the rest of the level so that it has more consistency and we have ourselves a true winner! Great job so far, Vile1011!

Map's okay, very good architecture, but a bit repeatable. Thousands of misalignments. I have to complain about overall level simpliness (huh?), not the difficulty, but removing your details and fancy architecture all of your rooms are just damn squares. I dunno If you're getting my opinions, but you could reconsider that.

Oh, and very nice lightning in some parts, and almost none in others. Fix it!

ellmo said:I have to complain about overall level simpliness (huh?), not the difficulty, but removing your details and fancy architecture all of your rooms are just damn squares. [/B]

That's probably because DoomBoy made the basic "shell" of the level, and this was one of his earlier, simpler wads(less than 50 sectors). I hadn't noticed your complaint before, but now that you mention it, you do have a point. I'll try to flesh out some of the geometry.

Yes, that's one of my early levels, I've since progressed beyond basic squares and such :D