Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tommycats73

GeForce FX 5200 with Doom3 Beta 2?

I am trying to run a copy of the Doom3 Beta 2 so that I can start getting to know the editor, not only will the game not run but also the editor. I should really say the editor runs though no map can be seen and the game starts up though it is all grey and bounces in the V-hold. I did try to install several different drivers including the 41.09, 44.03 and the latest 56.64. What gives, do I need a new video card for this and also what would be the pros if I were to purchase a Quadro card if any for level editing, is it better to have than say a FX 5900 or 5950?! Has anyone with a GeForce FX 5200 had this problem as well or can someone come up with a fix for this?

Thanks much -Tom

I'm looking for a laptop to serve this same purpose of building levels, I noticed Dell has the m60 out with a Quadro card in it. Maybe this is the same question as before but would you recommend using this or just a nice laptop with a high Nvidia or ATI card in it rather than the Quadro line?

Thanks again - Tom

I'd ask you to link me this beta, but unfortunately my PC is crap and I coud never run it :(

I dont suppose there is an xbox beta? didnt think so.

EDIT: does this dude actually speak english?

TH-555 said:

I'd ask you to link me this beta, but unfortunately my PC is crap and I coud never run it :(

You'd also get banned.

Okay, system requirement discussions are a tired but fun concept. But further discussion about the availability of leaked Doom 3 alphas/betas is reason for banning.

/me has a larger e-penis than you

Lord Flathead - According to your post titled:

DOOM 3 INFO/FAQ - NEWCOMERS READ THIS FIRST

You have a question that reads:

Q) Hey, that Doom 3 alpha...!

A) Yes, there is a leaked alpha version of Doom 3 floating around the Internet. Do not ask for it. Requesting or linking to the alpha, screenshots of the alpha and the likes is your ticket to an instant ban. We urge you to report any offending posts to the staff the second you see them (use the 'Report to mod' button or send a message).

Discussion about the alpha is not an offence in itself. We've however seen far too many people come here just to complain about a feature or lack of a feature in the alpha. Please don't do this. The leaked alpha is not in any way representative of the final game and impressions from it aren't a good ground for any conclusions.

I don't believe my original question is out of line and I'm hoping that someone can help me with it, anyone?

"beta 2" is a 3rd party release, basically with "community" resources and some cfg hacks

Tommycats73 said:

I don't believe my original question is out of line and I'm hoping that someone can help me with it, anyone?

Yeah, but somehow I think questions about running the alpha, hacked no less, are not appropriate here. I think that would qualify under "and whatnot", but since its not clarified, and we haven't run into a question like this in a while, I doubt it'll result in action against you. Also, since you've read the FAQ, which to your credit is more than I can say about most newbies, you'll understand the rules as well for double-posting.

EDIT: Also, why not just wait for the completely optimized game to come out? This version (the german or france hacked version) isn't complete anyway and has been changed by said third (world ha ha... just kidding) parties and therefore doesn't have the integrity of the original, and far less in countless ways than the final game. You'll have plenty of time after D3 comes out in full, what's the hurry to mess around with a PIRATED copy of the unfinished game anyway? If you want practice making maps and such, I understand that hte editor is very similar to Q3A, which is legal and available new and used on ebay.com!

No, your question wasn't out of line, it's just that any discussion of the alpha usually results to link requests in a matter of minutes. Anyway I'm not sure this is the best place to be looking for alpha/beta information anyway. There are Doom (3) sites with entire forums dedicated to leaked builds, you might want to check those out.

Scabbed Angel & Lord FlatHead -

Thanks for more than the Uh... and Ummm... that I've been getting! What you two have told me does help and yes I do understand Scabbed Angel that this isn't the full "by any means" but to have a level almost or near completion would be nice when the game does come out. Don't get me wrong by any means I do have a copy reserved for myself along with PainKiller I just want to get a jump on things. You made mention of an editor that can be found on ebay but gave no name, I am a seller on ebay and do purchase sometimes but would love to know what this product is your talking about. Ha, got it, I just placed a bid on the QA3 editor you were talking about! Thanks a lot guys and Wait till you see the levels coming from yours truely!

Tommycats73 said:

Ha, got it, I just placed a bid on the QA3 editor you were talking about! Thanks a lot guys and Wait till you see the levels coming from yours truely!

Thank you so much for actually using the "edit button" and/or waiting to hit "submit" before you have your whole post finished and not just double posting. Yes, it may still be Q3A, but I here it is very similar to using the Doom 3 editor as they are both radiant applications. We understand your intersts in Doom 3, and your impatience. We ALL have that. But more importantly, I, if not many, appreciate your understanding of the rules set in the FAQ, and unlike so many, your lack or bitching and compliance with them. With that, Welcome to Doomworld!

Lord FlatHead said:

No, your question wasn't out of line, it's just that any discussion of the alpha usually results to link requests in a matter of minutes. Anyway I'm not sure this is the best place to be looking for alpha/beta information anyway. There are Doom (3) sites with entire forums dedicated to leaked builds, you might want to check those out.

would anyone mind linking to those forums? or would that also be a bannning?

TH-555 said:

Yes!

TH-555 said:

When you read the doomworld forums a bit more carefull you would know where to look.

The reverenced site have more or less the same policy as doomworld

Since an alpha build of the game got leaked, harm is already done and covering it with silence as it never happened does simply not work with DOOM.

I know that, you know that, id software knows that, ACTIVISION knows that - but their wardogs probably don't.

To keep this board online it's absolutely crucial to follow these guidelines:

1. Do not post links or strangely obscured references to files!
2. Do not post any screenshots!!!