Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Woohoo! (snow!)

Yay! I got a snow day. It was totally unexpected. I thought after January we wouldn't have anymore.

Yipee! No school 4 me!

BTW, where is my signature? It is not appearing like it used to.

It's been known to snow around here as late as April (but it's quite rare). However, snow days may not be as great as most people think. If too many are used, it could take away from holidays, summer vacation, and possibly even weekends, since they would have to be made up sooner or later.

As for signatures, they were turned off. You can still use them, but they don't automatically show up anymore. You would have to manually check the box right above that Browse... button.

Sigh, me waits for the day in which there is no school because of snow in Finland. Oh wait, I don't. I HATE snow. And Winter. And any temperature below +15 celsius. I really wish finland would be a country in which it never snows.

EDIT: Just to clarify how I feel about snow I must say that it has to be among the top five things I hate in my life, at least this far.

I dislike snow. Makes transportation to and from school more time-consuming. I don't mind low temperature, though - it's better than when it's too hot.

Here we've had the normal total of about 6 inches of snow this winter, and on one occasion it even took a couple of days to melt.

I love snow. I even went to the Southern Hemisphere last year to get some snow in September. :)

I like snow. It's usually fun to play in, and at night, the entire city is eerily bright if the sky is still overcast, and even more eerily quiet. The only problem with snow is that I don't like driving in it, although in the late night hours it might be somewhat amusing with no other traffic on the road, except for the street sweepers.

i hate snow, it is the satan!
man it is like spring already, ok like 6 or so days, but still should be no snow.
to make things even more odd. this seems to be the most snow we have had all year!

i mean christ! come on i hate the cold

Fredrik said:

I dislike snow. Makes transportation to and from school more time-consuming. I don't mind low temperature, though - it's better than when it's too hot.

I love snow, but ever since global warming began to pick up, it has been really scarce around here. I used to love the weather around here, always rainy or at least cloudy. Now it is sunny 200 days of the year and it gets as hot as 90 some days. I fucking hate the sun.

I've never seen snow. Well, except maybe in pictures, but you know... The coldest it gets over here is like... 40 F.

I almost kill myself in the parking lot every day trying to get to the car.. a sheet of ice so perfect it could have been planned.

o.o! Okay, I lied. We did get ice here a few times. I was so amazed by the icicles I went out onto our deck to grab one and fell flat on my butt. It was fun though... really.

Man I was SO close to a snow day, all the other districts around here got one but I had to go anyway.

Woke up on my bus, glanced outside, and Holy shit! it's snowing! Freakin' blizzard for like two and a half hours, but it was too warm to stick, even thoush it snowed for another two or snow hours. Only an inch.

but ever since global warming began to pick up,

Heh, I used to think that, but these past two years winter has lasted half of autumn and half of spring, so it lasts two (!) seasons now.

Grimm said:

Heh, I used to think that, but these past two years winter has lasted half of autumn and half of spring, so it lasts two (!) seasons now.

Probably more signs of global warming. Man, I miss the days when I could walk outside at any random time and it would be raining. It was so awesome.

Danarchy said:

Probably more signs of global warming. Man, I miss the days when I could walk outside at any random time and it would be raining. It was so awesome.

Well, I truely love the 2-3 bad-ass thunderstorms we get here every summer...but rain all the damn time? doesn't that get miserable? Oh right, I forgot...you live by Seattle..heh
*looks outside...god dammit, it's snowing here again...mommy, why won't it stop?

Hm, rain you say? We hardly see -bad- rainstorms, but once we did, my family was almost trapped on our property. The waters rose so quickly and so fast that many of the cattle farmers lost their cattle. We definantly weren't use to a flood like that. Most of my home town was under water. I guess we were lucky by the way the land goes. We were on this natural sort of hill, so we escaped the flood. I could go outside of my house and see most of the horizon underneath water.

Then the local authorities said it was advisable that we evacuate. Most of the San Antonio news reporters were saying that there was -no- escape, but yeah we know the roads back here well enough to get out. Sure it took us two hours, but we managed to get to San Antonio along with most of our neighbors.

I think only two people were killed in the flood, but they were from San Antonio. Then, all of the news guys were freaking out over an old dam that's north of San Antonio. They kept on saying something about the dam never seeing so much pressure and that it might have collapsed. It didn't thankfully, but yeah. I'm glad we don't get crazy weather around here. Its mainly cloudy and humid or sunny with a slight breeze.

Snow is ok, but like Ichor, driving in it is a big pain in my ass, and it's scary as well, especially if there is more than one car on the road....which happens all the time when there is snow :(

I also think it's a shame that such beautiful frozen stuffage comes at the expense of well, being frozen.

You want driving fun? Try sleet or freezing rain. Now that's slippery. One time, I had stopped at an intersection with no problems. Then a few seconds later, I noticed something strange. The car started slowly sliding sideways towards a car stopped next to me. Fortunately, it stopped sliding before it collided, but there was nothing I could do about it.

Of course, hail is just as dangerous, but for different (and rather obvious) reasons.

Ichor said:

You want driving fun? Try sleet or freezing rain. Now that's slippery. One time, I had stopped at an intersection with no problems. Then a few seconds later, I noticed something strange. The car started slowly sliding sideways towards a car stopped next to me. Fortunately, it stopped sliding before it collided, but there was nothing I could do about it.

Think that's scary? Try driving down a slippery bridge at 60 mph with a carload of your 4 bestest buddies hollering, yelling and praying that they will survive. That's scary, friends and neighbors.

Of course, hail is just as dangerous, but for different (and rather obvious) reasons.

Heh, yes. GO GO WINDSHIELD SMASHER!!! (True story, happened to my dad's truck, don't ask)

Ichor said:

I like snow. It's usually fun to play in,,,

How old are you?

DooMBoy said:

Scary stuff

How about 110 in the sleet for 60 miles? I found it more peaceful than anything. Hmmn, kinda strange.

Seattle rain isn't bad. It's usualy just a light drizzle, which keeps you wet all the time when you're outside. It makes you feel like you just stepped out of the shower. Plus, the overcast really gives the land a feeling. It gives it a nice soft lighting. With the sun out, it looks pretty unnatural. Plus, the gray skies contrast well with the dark green forests and blue-grey of the sea.

Man, this winter was way too dry. Maybe the spring will be rainy.

Yeah, Scabbed Angel, 'cause when you get older you have to stop having fun!!!

I'm sick of snow now, it has snowed 5-6 times this winter alone up over LI. NO MORE SNOW! Argh..