Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

more DRD screens

Okay, some more screens of the Deadman's Chapel:

Well, it's basically the same area, but it has/will have many things to show.

Oh, and Ralphis, would you be so kind and do something with my title also?

Uh, come on people, show some interest. Why is it, that my maps draw no attention uless they are finished or released?

That last shot looks neato like a freshly made bed. :D

The first room there looks a bit blank though, It's hard to say, though it may appear different with some monsters in it. :D

I apologize I am not great on comments or tips, but it does look cool, and I like that ogre looking face in the last one, he looks mad. :D

On screeny 1, the STARTAN texture doesn't fit in with everything else. (Please don't correct me if it isn't startan.) Apart from that, beautiful!

Well yes, it is STARTAN, but it won't be there soon. STARTAN is ZETH default texture, so when I create a new sector, editor always gives it STARTAN walls.

And the first room is indeed a bit blank, I don't have any ideas what to add...

And a new shot of Chapel's basement:

The last shot is superb- ( me is here also :-) I love the shadows! For the first screenshot You could add trim to the upper parts of the walls and make some hanging sectors with sinister icons on them, or You could make something realistic-wooden supports to hold a broken ceiling and the ceiling broken (no takie belki do podtrzymania :-) You could even go for Blood (duzo krwi!) And make bloodfalls on walls where blood is coming to the rooms. Following that idea You can make altars soaked with blood or pipes with blood. I hope me helps! Will try to provide ideas so talk to me if You're out of them!

ellmo said:

Uh, come on people, show some interest. Why is it, that my maps draw no attention uless they are finished or released?

At least people eventually care about your work.

Shady, take note. THAT is how you make a chapel.

On your last shot with the shadows, if you want to make it look even spiffier, you can throw shadows on the walls using the "ExtraFloor_LightOnly" sector special(type 50). I've tried it and it looks awesome, and it would work perfectly in this situation.

ShadowRunner said:

Ellmo, do you really need to post a new thread for new screens?

Just stick to one!

You mean like you do?

ShadowRunner said:

Ellmo, do you really need to post a new thread for new screens?

Just stick to one!

You still here?

Yes I have to, beacuse the earlier screens (viewable on previous threads) are no more available, so You would have tons of incorrect images to go through :P

This whole altar area is completed, and you can also see a small room with bed, chair, candelabra nad a mirror.

Map is over 600k now.

ellmo said:

... STARTAN is ZETH default texture, so when I create a new sector, editor always gives it STARTAN walls...

Why don't you edit ZETH.INI and change the default texture to something that you like?

Kappes Buur said:

Why don't you edit ZETH.INI and change the default texture to something that you like?

Because I always chnage the default texture by hand. Since I'm doing maps of different themes I would have to edit *.INI couple of times a day. Does this make sense?

Lutrov71 said:

Ellmo, are you in the Community Chest 2 project? I hope you are...

Unfortunately, I was a bit too late. I'm not in there. Shit, I never was involved in any Community project except Enigma, that I eventually left.

As always, kick ass map ellmo. Can't wait to take a whack at this map when you get around to sending out the newest betas...

PS : Have you gotten any of the PM's I've been sending you? I've sent you quite a few regarding the other maps, and haven't heard anything back from you... Check your PM's and tell me what you think...

Great work as usual.

Very nice looking work there. I love the texture set and the overall theme. Keep us informed ;)