Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

It's Dyn-O-Mite!

Just when you thought Daedalus was going to be TeamTNT's last project, out of the abyss they come with Eternal Doom Numero Quattro (for our Spanish-speaking readers) otherwise known as Eternal Doom IV: Even More Getting Lost. Well that's the one I'd have picked, but it's really subtitled 'Return from Oblivion'. Anyways, it will feature the usual enormous Eternal-sized maps, use the Return resources and utilize ZDoom. Head over to the TeamTNT page for more info and be sure to ask Ty what happened to Ragnarok. He loves that, I swear.

fp and wtf
I swear I saw that same news post on TNTs website a long time ago...
I know because it too, started with "Yup, another project. No, it's not Ragnarok, for those who..."

Maybe I'm imagining things...

Cool, I rather liked the Eternal series and I wasn't too interested in Ragnarok anyway (especially after I read they were changing engines to some bizarre thing). Anyway this should be fun.

yay! It sounds like its going to be better then Eternal Doom AND Daedalus. I hope so

Good to see TeamTNT is working on a new project despite the oncoming onslaught of Doom3.

Cyb said:

... Anyways, it will feature the usual enormous Eternal-sized maps, use the Return resources ...

To sweeten the deal the wad will use an extended resource set, including graphics and sprites (read 'decorations') outside of Return.

Woohoo!!!!! (does stupid victory dance waving pom-poms around)

Err, sorry (sheepishly hides said pom-poms)

Sounds great to have another project in the works, the greatness of Eternal Doom with the enhancements of ZDoom. The only real question is... how long 'till the release?

Kojak_Man said:

The only real question is... how long 'till the release?

Estimated production time: one year. Estimated release: Spring 2005. (Hopefully all the DooM3 hoopla will have died down by then ;)

ReX said:

Estimated production time: one year.

I can remeber this being told some time in 1999. We all know when it was released... ;-)

Yay! May'be they'll sneak in the cloner, assuming everyone loved it as much as I did.*not sarcastic*

Doh! Ty is gonna hate me even more now for strating the whole "Hey Ty, so how's Ragnarok doing?" thing. :(

cccp_leha said:

Doh! Ty is gonna hate me even more now for strating the whole "Hey Ty, so how's Ragnarok doing?" thing. :(

Are you kidding, I interviewed Ty about Ragnarok in like 1997.

You fail it, Cyb! 'Quattro' is Italian, not Spanish. In Spanish it´s spelled 'cuatro'. You suck as a polyglot, man! :)

Cyb said:

Anyways, it will feature the usual enormous Eternal-sized maps, use the Return resources and utilize ZDoom.

Cool! Oh sweet enormous maps...

cccp_leha said:

You know who you are :p

I'm not really too enthused about this. I never got around to finishing Daedalus (it's confusing but I feel I eventually have to figure my way through it). If this project's a "Daedalus 2" I'll never get sleep again.

Linguica said:

Are you kidding, I interviewed Ty about Ragnarok in like 1997.

Heh, I'm referring to the semi-recent outbreak at the ZDoom forums. Do a search for "Ragnarok" and author "cccp_leha"; check out the results. That's gotta be annoying. Sorry...

Hyena said:

If this project's a "Daedalus 2" I'll never get sleep again.

From what I understand, there are going to be only a few hubs, and most maps will be stand-alone adventures. Now within each map there are going to be varying degrees of puzzles and missions to accomplish. But I imagine they will be no more complex than those in the original Eternal.

Hyena said:

I'm not really too enthused about this. I never got around to finishing Daedalus (it's confusing but I feel I eventually have to figure my way through it). If this project's a "Daedalus 2" I'll never get sleep again.

Nope, this is "Eternal DOOM" only on steroids (thanks to ZDOOM). As ReX mentioned, you are going to get all kinds of styles - from puzzle-palaces to HR slugfests. Most maps will be single maps designed to start with pistol-only. There will most likley be two hubs - completely unrelated.

Even though the maps will be "Eternal-style" and not "Daedalus 2", your prediction will most likely turn out to be true anyway - you won't get much sleep. ;)

The good news is that you have at least a year to finish DaD. :D

Hope it will keep Eternal Doom's small humorous quips, such as the control sector in the exhibition case and such.

And I hope you will keep the whole "medievo-tech" thing too.

damn, that make me think that I should try to finish Eternal...
I got bored after a while and stopped playing it back in 97.

I should try daedalus too, but ZDoom only is a downside to me.