Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoost

New screen and article

amazing how people can change their minds over the course of a year ;)

they both look great, the only thing bad i see in the new screen is the 'ridgedness' which I have always pointed out to make up for some of the higher polygon counts in more detailed models. (possibly)

furthermore, the worst part about this screen is indeed the gay skeleton demon, again just as I have always said.

TH-555 said:

the worst part about this screen is indeed the gay skeleton demon, again just as I have always said.

But i don't think it is a skeleton demon anymore, coz you can see the translucent muscles around the legs and arms, so it may be an enhanced marine like demon, but i don't know... i didnt design the thing. But the revenant is still a class enemie, boney or not.
Ask for the half life enemies, i agree with the AndrewB man. I think they are worse than the doom ones, they just don't have the same, scary monster/alien apperance, for me anyway.

Half life 2 looks like another graphics game shell. I can't help but to wonder every time I sink my teeth into some of these new games "just were in the hell is the cream filling?"

Linguica said:

All those who want AndrewB banned from the Doom 3 forum raise your hand

He's fine. His nonplussed attitude is surely a buildup to an inevitable gameplay-related incident involving involuntary urination. At least wait to ban him until then.

I understand that people don't like the revenant. Me too, thinks that the caracter is too catoonish. I hoped for caracters that have a more natural/real feel about them like for example thispicture from Aliens. In my opinion the hellnight is more like it. I still think that the 2001 tokio demo had more potential and promised a more grunge like environment than the clean environment doom3 is now. The fact that people are dissapointed in the way that doom3 seems to develop graphically seems valid to me.

But allthough graphics are important, gameplay is more important. I have played the alpha (guilty!) and I think and hope this is not an indication for the gameplay (it sucked). The fact that events are triggered because the player is entering a room (pinky crashing through the wall) is is inherent to computergames. Otherwise you could enter a room just to discover that all enemies have decided that mars isn't such a nice place and they left for pluto (or whatever). I hope the gameplay is will be as immersive as doom was. Maybe I hope for too much, maybe doom3 will be just another game. But I hope (and expect) more than just a game. Actually I even hope and expect more than a good game. I hope for an experience! I think we have to just wait (even longer) and see.

I'm following the developments for more than three years now, and can imagine that people (like myself) are peaking to early in the anticipation cycle, what can results in putting the game into a healty perspective. It's just a game, whith some standard expressionsless cararters in a mars environment. I'll play it when it comes out.

Nahhhhh.

I for one love the Revenant. He seems to be a perfect 3D version of the Doom2 one. What's the deal with you people? First Doom3 is too dull and colourless, now it's too cartoonish? That seems to be the general opinion these days. I don't get it.

like i said, i think game looks great. i forget what the original revenant looks like, but change is good. I love the new pinky demon, thats the kinda of look I want in a game.

Linguica said:
All those who want AndrewB banned from the Doom 3 forum raise your hand

Can't you just give him a fun new title?

I too love the revenant. My favorite monster in Doom 2. I don't get why alot of people don't like the Revenant. You gotta have some sort of skeleton monster in every game with monsters in it! It's a rule!

Skeletor said:

I too love the revenant. My favorite monster in Doom 2. I don't get why alot of people don't like the Revenant. You gotta have some sort of skeleton monster in every game with monsters in it! It's a rule!

LOL, with a name like Skeletor, im not surprised you like boney faced monsters. :D
I'm not quite sure what you lot mean by "looking cartoony" i mean the revenant isn't cel rendered is he lol (jk). Oh wait ID has a new shot of the revenant LOL looky-here

lol, but I think a scarier monster would be something like the real skeletor, ya know with a heretic-style cloak that floats around and fire purple rings at you while chanting satanic -tyle backwards-english.

no that wouldnt be scary, it owuld be.... uber! no i mean über

Shaviro said:

I for one love the Revenant. He seems to be a perfect 3D version of the Doom2 one. What's the deal with you people? First Doom3 is too dull and colourless, now it's too cartoonish? That seems to be the general opinion these days. I don't get it.

You answered your own question Shaviro. "Cartoonish" enemies don't fit too well into "dull and colourless" environments.

As an aside, although the environments may look colourless they look anything but dull to me.

Shaviro said:

So far, from what I have seen, Doom3 is not dull and colourless at all.

Well, I suppose it has the Mars sky and the Hell environment (presumably won't be grey) to contrast with the endless greys of the base sections we've seen.

Fredrik said:

There's way too much color in Doom 3 for my tastes.

Well get an TV card and play it in black and white, that will solve your problem, lol. :D
Doom 3 doesnt look too colourful, im sure the colour balance is fine. Look at the original doom, that had loads of colours and i don't hear anyone complaining that the originals were too colourful, i mean the caco was bright red with a blight blue mouth and with a bright green eye.