Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Doom Board Game

There's nothing like shitting your pants when your opponent moves that Imp piece one step towards you! Scary fucking stuff!

The Gamespot article said:

...and will feature sculpted plastic miniatures of the game's characters, board pieces for players to create their own custom maps, specialized oversized dice, and a number of different weapon types.

Many jokes can be made about this, including "omg will my map work in zdoom?!1", "I hope there's a board game version of vrack3!!", and other such nonsense.

But at least they're sticking to what the original Doom brought to the table: custom levels and multiplayer.

I tried to devise a chess-style Doom board game a while ago, but couldn't see a way to make it balanced. That's the big challenge for board-game creators, and few manage to solve it.

Bloodshedder said:

Now the question is, would anyone be willing to shell out 40 bucks for a board game based on Doom 3?

no

I remember an obscure board game called Frag, which was meant to be like a standard deathmatch, maybe it will be something like that.

AFAIK it used a turn system where the player could perform so many actions like moving one square, firing at someone etc. and the dice determined hit/miss, damage etc. and also where a player respawned after dieing.

The players had customisable attributes, and there was acid squares, rooms with doors and a variety of weapons (including a portable nuke, heh).

Bloodshedder said:

Now the question is, would anyone be willing to shell out 40 bucks for a board game based on Doom 3?

I would.

Bloodshedder said:

...maybe

Bloodshedder said:

Hell yes.

Anyone remember "The Omega Virus"?

That was the first thing that came to mind when I read the topic...

$40 for a Board game? Meh. No thank you :)

The Ultimate DooMer said:

I remember an obscure board game called Frag, which was meant to be like a standard deathmatch, maybe it will be something like that.

AFAIK it used a turn system where the player could perform so many actions like moving one square, firing at someone etc. and the dice determined hit/miss, damage etc. and also where a player respawned after dieing.

The players had customisable attributes, and there was acid squares, rooms with doors and a variety of weapons (including a portable nuke, heh).

Heh, I played that one too. Tried to simulate a Doom marine by pumping the speed stat. You also had "hack" cards where you could do things like walk through walls and drop another player's connection.

SailerScout? WTF, I thought he died or something. Guess not :D

There's a Doom pen and paper RPG by Rick Clark. Someone should try that out. I would if I had someone to play with. My 2 best friends are somewhat experienced in RPGs but they seem a bit unintrested in starting out with a new gang of players not to mention a new game.

No, I'm still around. But barely. My site's FTP has been, well.. dead. Hence the lack of updates.

And the fact that most of the former hosts and thus links to the page are completely gone. DoomNation the most prominent, but then again, the GameSpy Network has fallen into even further disrepair then when I left it..

And my old e-mail was recently cancelled due to the endless stream of spam I was getting.

Nice that someone finally remarked about me though... :P

*pesters someone to give me webspace*

-- J.C. "SailorScout" Bengtson