The Ultimate DooMer

The Ultimate Film Saga Showdown Poll

Which saga is better?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which saga is better?

• Star Wars
    • Lord of the Rings

Never seen both. Don't I suck.
But I'll vote for LoTR, just don't ask me why.

Voted LoTR. Why?

Equal amount of story, 1/3 the amount of movie tickets.

Plus I've read the summary of the entire SW series, and it seems Episodes 7-9 just kind of drift into smaller and smaller stories into oblivion.

They both are kinda meh, but I guess LOTR, because I liked the books when I was a little kid. The trilogy was like the 3rd set of novels I ever read. Of course, I used to like Star Wars when I was a kid too. I dunno, they're both kind of kid movies I guess. They really pale in comparison to 100 better movies that are out there.

I've only seen Star Wars, but not all the episodes (only 4, 5, 6, and 1). Anyways I voted for Star Wars since it's not a cash-in on a book.

Star Wars, without a doubt.
LotR has a few dull moments, but Star Wars is non-stop entertainment.

I guess the Star Wars series brings some nostalgia from its first three releases, which I saw and enjoyed as a child; later releases are little more than extended toy commercials, if not crap outright. The Lord of the Rings trilogy has more quality put to it, by far.

I mean, uh...

Éowyn > Princess Leia

LOTR, because it doesn't come with a moronic prequel trilogy. I seriously think that Lucas had a chance to make it something truly great, because it's about the fall of Anakin and the rise of the empire, but he just completely trashed it.

i would say LOTR, however i love the original starwars. however the last 2 are just not that great to me.
LOTR seems to have more put into it. also its based on a book, not an original movie script

i do like starwars, however i am gonna go with LOTR

The original Star Wars holds a special place in my heart, but I'd still vote LOTR. There's no argument that the LOTR movies were a much more lovingly crafted work.

Gokuma said:

Evil Dead Trilogy

I'd vote that too if it was there. I find LOTR a bit better than Star Wars so LOTR gets my vote.

Lord FlatHead said:

I've never seen a Star Wars movie.

I am not hearing this.

Anyway, it's a draw between the two for me.

I don't think i can make a definate statement about this until Star wars episode 3 comes out, but for personal preference i'm going for Lord of the rings.

ravage said:

Aliens.

I'd vote for that one if I could. Best trilogy ever. Even if the 3rd one did fuck up the storyline, it was pretty cool. I prefer stand-alone movies anyway.

Both are trilogies by two fat, irritating nerds. However, one trilogy happens to be less irritating than it's creator.

LotR: votecount++

Did you not notice the wink? ;) This usually indicates a joke or sarcasm.