Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Dawn of the Dead

How did you like it? I thought it was really good. Funny and also made me think about the messages of the movie. The action and gore was pretty good to.

I haven't seen the orignal or the prequel and sequel to Dawn of the Dead which is Night of the Living Dead and Day of the Dead respectively.

If anyone has seen the originals which one do you recommend seeing? I heard day of the dead was pretty bad so I don't know about that one, but I do want to see the original dawn of the dead and night of the living dead.

edit: oh yeah, it would be cool if a dawn of the dead game was made from the Doom 3 engine.

A movie remake that's actually good, and by a rookie director at that? Truly a year of marvels.

I'll believe it when I see it, which is tomorrow! I'm really picky when it comes to zombies though as one could surmise from my thread on the subject. I think the best were the NotLD 1990 remake, Resident Evil (game series not movie), and what we've seen from Doom 3 so far. I hate, and I repeat hate fast running/flying zombies as seems to be th recent trend in House of the Dead and 28 days later and the resident evil movie.

hmmmm....thats to bad, because the zombies in this movie do run. i should also note that this movie isn't very scary at all, but very funny. Comedy seems to be the outstanding part of the movie instead of the action and horror elements.

Fredrik said:

A movie remake that's actually good, and by a rookie director at that? Truly a year of marvels.

Year ain't over yet.

Saw it on the first day and loved it. The start and the end are still the best part of the movie IMO. Totally worth seeing if you liked Resident Evil.

I'll probably see it sometime next year after I have money and can rent it on DVD or soemthing. Personaly, I'm anticipating the new George Romero movie more than I'm anticipating this one. Night of the Living Dead was a fucking classic and Day of the Dead was pretty awesome as well, though I've never seen Dawn of the Dead I'm sure thats pretty cool too. Zombie movies own.

Skeletor said:

oh yeah, it would be cool if a dawn of the dead game was made from the Doom 3 engine.

Forget that, you can already play a Dawn of the Dead game with the DooM 1 engine...

did anyone stay until the end of the credits? I only stayed after the part where they get on to the island....

Why do they always put humour into horror? I'd love to see Chris Cunningham do a full length horror movie. I'm pretty sure he'd succeed in making a real horror movie.

Skeletor said:

did anyone stay until the end of the credits? I only stayed after the part where they get on to the island....

Most people left during the credits thinking it was over. Unfortunately, the scene during the credits is the real end of the movie. I won't post it since most the people haven't seen it yet but read this : Watch the credits !

Utterly loved it, the original "Dawn of the dead" (made in the 80's) was awesome, and hilarious..this new one is quite a bit different, for instance there is more characters and they argue more and stuff, and also there is no gun shop in the mall where they are hiding, so thier ammo is limited, and there's no bikers heh..but anyway its still great, even the running zombies dont detract from it..also the beginning rules, you really see the scale of the disaster and watch the city descend into absolute chaos, something that wasnt really possible considering the limited budget of the original..

Hey, and they even kept in the classic "No more room in hell" line..

So anyway, its highly recommended, but see the original first, so you can spot the differences

Darkstalker said:

Totally worth seeing if you liked Resident Evil.

You mean someone out there liked Resident Evil? :)

Return of the Living Dead was awesome, but campy as shit. The first zombie that came out of that barrel was pretty gruesome though. "BRAINS!"

deathbringer said:

Heh Zombies>Jesus

But what about Zombie Jesus?

Disorder said:

Why do they always put humour into horror? I'd love to see Chris Cunningham do a full length horror movie. I'm pretty sure he'd succeed in making a real horror movie.

Heh, come to daddy!
I love his videos.

Just saw it so I can finally read this thread and the awesome maddox post about it. I can't believe it... a new horror movie with fast zombies that I actually loved and want to see again!

Disorder said:

I really liked the use of humor in the one. It was completely and appropriately well done; its how people really would have reacted in this situation. I am stunned by the quality of the acting and the script vs. my expectation of it. Consider 28 days later for easy comparison. Barely any humor. And at the end of the movie I wanted to go home and load up the shotgun, it was so grim and depressing. I think this movie was the concept of 28 days later, done right.

Sadly I haven't seen it yet *Crouches to avoid flames* but it probably is REAL good :)

Rellik said:

You mean someone out there liked Resident Evil? :)

I actually did