Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Dawn of the Dead

Resident Evil wasn't bad, but wasn't great either, a bit too short among other things. Still, it sounds like Dawn of the Dead is more action-packed, so it might be worth seeing.

(edit: damn, why do I always get the second page?)

" Shaun of the dead" looks better :P

Heh, i had forgotten about that, i thought it had already came out, been forgotten, and was coming out on video soon, i was even looking for it today in amongst queer as folk and threads, but it turns out its not even been in the cinemas yet, bah!

heh, I liked it, though it's not gonna win any awards obviously (except maybe best makeup) it was pretty fun to watch. the first half hour or so is really intense, my heart was actually pounding a bit, and then it gets goofy and then creepy and then becomes action packed, but overall a great popcorn movie.

I saw it last night, and came out very satisfied. There were many parts where the entire theatre burst into laughter and cheering, and the shear amount of zombies and explosions are reason to watch.

I know someone who's girlfriend threw up in her pop-corn bag while watching the movie in the theater, so must be a quite good movie =].

Saw it today, and I quite enjoyed it - as well as the action (which was good) it was kinda weird to see a bunch of ordinary people using a shopping centre as a castle. The (real) ending sucks, though.

Okay, I seem to be the only one here who's seen the original (unless I missed it in one of the messages I skimmed over). A few of you said it was probably good . . .

Uh, yeah, it's good if you like OMGWTFLOL movies. I know I do.

Fun things:
1. A cop goes nuts and blows a completely randomly picked (except for race maybe) innocent bystander and explodes his head with a shotgun blast right in his apartment with his family. Uh, okay. It was one of those things where you know you shouldn't laugh, but you do anyway.
2. Zombies riding escalators are going to be funny no matter how serious you're trying to make it.
3. A zombie slowly advancing on an unaware person in a helicopter walks right into the propeller and gets his face sliced in half.
4. A roving biker gang member stops to check his blood pressure at a critical moment. His friend has to slap him for his stupidity.
5. Above roving biker gang member does it again, at an even more critical moment. This time his friend isn't around to save him from his stupidity. While still in the machine, some zombies overtake him, and his arm comes off in it. A couple of them tear open his stomache like it's cellophane and eat guts that look like oatmeal.

Heh, I'm going to see this on Sunday with my friends, along with Hellboy possibly.

Hyena said:

Okay, I seem to be the only one here who's seen the original (unless I missed it in one of the messages I skimmed over). A few of you said it was probably good . . .

I've seen it. I own it, actually.

His guts don't look like oatmeal. They look more like a string of vienna sausages.

My brother has the DVD of the 1978 version, its WAY better (and funnier, zombies+ice rinks=endless laughs) than the new one, BUT the new one is still great anyway

i thought the movie was stupid...

i left in the middle of the credits where they find a head in a little boat.... what happened after?

Muahaha, that movie was awesome. Very, VERY gorey, but awesome. I thought the little interlude when they were all just fucking around in the mall was great, especialy their little sniper game. And the music...bahaha. I think I probably liked it more than 28 Days later, but this movie was quite a bit harder to stomach.

Oh, and the introduction owned.

Danarchy said:

And the music...bahaha.

That happy lounge version of 'Down With The Sickness' was pretty awesome.