Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epyo

5 stars 5 votes

I'm searching around on dw/idgames for wads with more than 5 votes and a rating of 5 stars. I've only found one so far, 2002 A Doom Odyssey. Good wad I'm playing through it right now. Can anybody find any more?

I wouldn't insist on a perfect 5 star rating - very few wads will keep that once there are more than a handful of votes. Someone is bound to come along and give it zero stars for some reason or another, and then it will be somewhere within the 4-4.5 range from then on.

4.5 stars based on 10 votes or more might be a more useful criterion. Then you get Scythe, MM, MM2, Equinox, HR, AV, Eternal, and others. Requiem and Icarus only have 4 stars though. :/

Still, to answer your question, Real World (rw.wad) still has five stars after five votes (deservedly so, IMO). There's also Dark7 and Flashback Demo (fbdemo.zip).

Grazza said:

4.5 stars based on 10 votes or more might be a more useful criterion. Then you get Scythe, MM, MM2, Equinox, HR, AV, Eternal, and others.

Yeah but I don't like any of those. But I do like Icarus.

I'm gonna try out Real World I guess.

Linguica said:

You don't like AV, Scythe, MM2...

...but you like Icarus...

That will haunt my dreams forever.

Linguica said:

You don't like AV, Scythe, MM2...

...but you like Icarus...

Is it wrong to feel sick about this?

Oh well, to each their own.

Epyo has expressed a dislike for very large maps. I don't see why he should be attacked for that.

Icarus is a definite top-ten megawad IMO.

Grazza said:

Epyo has expressed a dislike for very large maps. I don't see why he should be attacked for that.

Well if very large maps is his criteria for not liking the above mentioned wads, I certainly understand why he put scythe in there. I got completely lost in map01 and gave up locating the exit when I reached map07 after hours of playing.

Personally I didn't like Icarus. It was ok for its time I guess, but it wasn't very fun, IMO, and some of the later (and early) levels just sucked, IMHO. I guess it just wasn't to my taste.

Grazza said:

4.5 stars based on 10 votes or more might be a more useful criterion. Then you get Scythe, MM, MM2, Equinox, HR, AV, Eternal, and others. Requiem and Icarus only have 4 stars though. :/

Still, to answer your question, Real World (rw.wad) still has five stars after five votes (deservedly so, IMO). There's also Dark7 and Flashback Demo (fbdemo.zip).

Grazza : Don't forget The Rebirth too, it's just great :)

And I am not ashamed of requiem having only 4 stars, it sure has quite a bit of great maps but it also has some shitty maps.

Flashback demo rules, cant wait to see the final version. Endgame should be a promising wad too, as soon as they solve the texture problems :)

Grazza said:

Hmm.

Maybe the later maps weren't to his taste.

I think I got to level 6 or 7 and got extremely bored with that one.

Anyway, after another 10 minutes of searching, I found another 5 star 5 vote wad: Chosen
Played this one before, it's good.

VinceDSS said:

Endgame should be a promising wad too, as soon as they solve the texture problems :)

And we finish porting it to Edge

:)

Combustable said:

Was i the only one who found the end of Scythe amazingly overwhelming? I mean, or do i suck. That was a LOT of demons.

Yeah, I thought that level was pretty over-the-top too. The one that really annoyed me though was that stupid timed map where you had to straferun like crazy to get out before you died. Damn I hated that level. Most of Scythe was great though.

Szymanski said:

And we finish porting it to Edge
:)

jeez, I hope it's a joke...
I already barely admit ZDoom in my doom folder among Legacy, PrBoom, Eternity and doom2.exe. One more port and I turn crazy.

Plz dont make your wads single port specific...