Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well first, im a total newb, never made a WAD before, so even if i do, eventually, act on this, it probably wont be for a LONG LONG time, when i actually get some "1337 $KILLZ" But the whole idea is this.

Second, im sure that at some time, some where, in the over 10 years doom has been in existance, SOMONE had to have thought up this idea before me, but never acted on it, so im gonna check here.

It'll be about playing as an Arch-Vile, playing for the other side. I was planning on basing it around the story more than anything. See, I kinda had the idea in my head that Arch-Viles would be the most intelligent of all of the demons, and kinda the "Leader" types, so it makes for somewhat of an interesting character.

But anyway, the big thing one might think of is how there could possibly be any challenge, the archies have a BFG like attack. But im thinking that if we look deeper into this, maybe archies dont just "spawn" into existance, which im guessing the demons do, they kind of rise out of the chaos of hell. They dont just spawn with the amazing ability to blow things to hell and ressurect their allies. I think they'd slowly learn to, and like, develop their "powers" so to speak. So the weapons for the game would all be various spells or powers or whatever the character would gain.

Of course, I know all about the whole "jumping into a project too ambitious to finish" and as such, im not gonna go starting on something i cant do. Im just putting the idea out there for now, because i decided i liked it enough that i had to tell somone.

ShadowRunner said:

[/newproject]

remember when you did this sort of thing 3 times? heh.

Com, you may want to learn how to edit with the doom engine first. Once you made a few things, people may think about this project a little better.

Oh of course! im not even starting on any of this for months at least, i wanna get my "editor legs" going first before i jump into hell. I decided to make a 2 room, 1 monster little sample thing so i could get the hang of setting up lines and stuff, and it didnt look anything like i wanted, so i know i have work to do, trust me.

I was hoping on making maybe a couple different endings, at least 2. Maybe one involves rising through the ranks to become the ruler of all the other demons, or maybe becoming a traitor, and joining the human side of the war or something.

This is not a new idea. It's even been toyed with. It required a custom engine and ended up abandoned, but not before at least a litle work was done on it. Thought you'd like to know you're up against more of a challenge than you may think.

Alright, thanks for being cool about it. Im thinking i might not get into it. but i liked the idea a lot. Maybe. its all very questionable.

Combustable said:

I was hoping on making maybe a couple different endings, at least 2. Maybe one involves rising through the ranks to become the ruler of all the other demons, or maybe becoming a traitor, and joining the human side of the war or something.

Well for something like that you would also have to learn ZDoom's ACS scripting.