Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Mario 1 Speedvideo

Holy god, and people were impressed when I played it on guitar. This guy is nuts! One thing though... right when he starts the underground music, he does some sort of slide upwards, and there seems to be too many notes considering he only goes up four frets (and he doesn't pick during this part either). Hmm...

That's just a hammering/slide. Van Halen is famous for that technique-- too bad he didn't invent it. Anyway, that's just a two-finger hammer, three steps apart, and he's sliding up at the same time. With good volume compression, it can sound like a regular picked note.

Very cool. I love how he can make the coin noises. One thing I'm wondering about though, is how come the head stock is upside down? Is it just the brand of guitar he's playing (some wacky japanese company?) At first I thought he was playing a left handed guitar upside down but the knobs are in the right place...

Optiks said:

Very cool. I love how he can make the coin noises. One thing I'm wondering about though, is how come the head stock is upside down? Is it just the brand of guitar he's playing (some wacky japanese company?) At first I thought he was playing a left handed guitar upside down but the knobs are in the right place...

Lots of right handed guitars are like that.

And Numbermind, I see what you mean... but I wish this video was a little better quality.

Optiks said:

At first I thought he was playing a left handed guitar upside down but the knobs are in the right place...

Why on earth would he do that?? It's always us left-handers who are making interstate pilgrimages just to find a music store that stocks left-handed guitars. And when we do, it always the $200 model versus the $2000 model. And let's not talk about basses and 12-strings...

*would kill for a lefty acoustic bass*

The less resourceful of us usually end up buying a righty and stringing it in reverse. Very ghetto, and very hard to keep in tune. I personally learned how to play with one strung upside-down. Fortunately, I recently discovered a lefty Ovation acou/elec, and I love it with all my heart. Anyway, yes: the stock is upside-down.

Actually, a friend of mine has a custom fender strat (righty) with a lefty neck. It was rebuilt from other strats by a guy who worked at where he bought the guitar (good lord that axe ruled). But yeah, back on topic...that's amazing. Did anyone catch the brand of that guitar ? I can't make it out for the life of me.

Heh, that makes me glad I'm just as good with my right hand as my left.

Can't find the guitar brand online, but it looks like a Yamaha. The head and body shape is similar to a Pacifica I've owned, but the pickups and tone knobs are obviously of a higher grade than my dumpy $200 model. If it is a Yamaha, it's expensive or customized(or "more expensive", if you will).