Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

[MOD:REL]Counter-Doom EDGE Final DONE--

auxois said:

Well, I like it. I just wish it weren't for EDGE. Which, I imagine, will be the bulk of the complaints about it.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH EDGE? No really it's one of the best source ports around. And nice weapons mod Blackfish!

Dron said:

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH EDGE?

I second that. It allows for effects and weapon effects un-make-able by other source ports, and unlimited weapons.

this mod also could only be for EDGE, because it supports as many frames as you want.

The next version of ZDoom will also allow for "unlimited" (in quotes because even EDGE has limit, albeit an extremely high one) weapons. It already allows for unlimited enemies, and numerous weapon and enemy functions that are impossible in EDGE. Lets not forget you can actually play multi-player in it too!

Of course Eternity can also do various enemy and weapon related things not possible in EDGE and ZDoom.

impossible in edge? Like....?

is there weapon specific damage? casing/anything spawning? hell, i could even make a Clockstoppers watch in EDGE.

Netplay is something EDGE lacks and needs though. It'll be added shortly I hear.(I Hope!)

Well, one example is that (AFAIK) you cannot make bouncing projectiles in EDGE.

No, I was just pointing out that while EDGE can do things that other ports can't do, other ports can do things that EDGE can do :)

Than, whats the big problem with EDGE? I dont know why i see so many posts saying "EDGE SUCKS". Why? Because no multiplayer?

BlackFish said:

cdoom has bouncing grenades

So does QDOOM. (I think) Plus Edge is 3D

Scuba Steve said:

I MEAN " " as in, Edge is "3D"

What I meant is it contains 3D floors like Quake. Which is shown alot in QuakeDoom and others.

You know Dron, auxois wasn't even saying that edge was all that terrible, but you bounced on his shit anyway, effectively turning this into a "Why edge is good/bad" thread. You need more in a port than just being able to create any combination of weapons and such. If YOU like edge, that's fantastic, but not everyone does, and not everyone will. Besides, if there's a particular mod you like, and it's for a specific port, you don't have too much choice than to use the port required.

Of course, there's nothing wrong at all with having every single port out there, that way your bases are covered.