Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Merist

Anyone have "Master Levels for Doom2"?

Hey people,

To repeat the title, does anyone have a copy of it? Specifically with access to the "Maximum Doom Collection"? I'm desperately trying to find the 76k version of pizza.wad ("Death to Venus"), and I'm being led to believe that it's on this CD.

Can anyone confirm this? All help is appreciated. :)

-Merist

I'll see if ive got it later on, if i remember..i assume the wad you want is also for doom 2? (theres thousands in maximum doom heh)

Yes, it's there. The file size is actually 74.6 KB (76,416 bytes), but I imagine it's the one you want.

I presume you know there is another version of this wad in the archive.

Cool, thanks a lot. I think this might be the right version.

Just one more bit of help? *sheepish* Heh. I'm having a devil of a time trying to find a program that will extract the new music from pizza.wad (my reason for wanting the file)... If someone could extract it for me or just point me to a good program, I'd be very happy.

-Merist

Indeed, but inside the wad there should be music. I'm trying to figure out how to extract it at the moment. Years ago I had used NWT for this, but that doesn't seem to want to run..

I stand corrected... I just got NWT to work, but nothing special is in the wad.

Thanks for the file, Grazza, but sadly it still appears to be the wrong one. Does anyone have access to the pizza.wad version that has new music inside?

Merist said:

Thanks for the file, Grazza, but sadly it still appears to be the wrong one. Does anyone have access to the pizza.wad version that has new music inside?

I will look on my master levels cd for your pizza.wad. If I find it I will e-mail it to you.

This is the wad from Maximum Doom. Maybe you played it together with a separate music wad? Or someone else had added music to it?

Dunno, I'm very confused at this point. I know that the music was inside the wad, since I had extracted it years ago. Even the text file within the zip says there is new music. I don't get it...

Grazza said:

This is the wad from Maximum Doom. Maybe you played it together with a separate music wad? Or someone else had added music to it?

Heh... He's right, I found it and compaired it to the link above, now you have to find what ever music you wad you used. Good luck...

This pizza.wad map appears on one of the Dwango wads.

Actually, I meant Dwango 5, map23... the music there is from DOOM's E1M3.

Then I guess it's still my fate to recreate the music with a synthesizer. Thanks for all your help though, guys. It has been much appreaciated. At least now I know that there's no existing original version around to hunt for, even on cds.