Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadowRunner

Deimos LabsII:Invasion

As some of you may know i've been working on a E2m4 replacement for Doom. Deimos labs is my favorite original level from Doom and i felt it didnt really feel right with all those weird vines and red everywhere, it was just plain ugly at that point.

Edit:My map is 65% done btw.

This is not a retro level either. Heres some screens for you guys to judge.

Keep in mind my map is still in progress, under some detail addition/modification. To answer your questions read below.

Q1.This looks nothing like the original, why is that?
A1.Because its not a retro level and is basically a suped up remake.
Q2.Whats marble and blood doing in a lab map?
A2.Episode 2 contains alot of this and decided to have a turning point in the map that is basically a loop between the tech and marble.
Q3.Is that a crossbeam in shot4 and 5?
A3.Yes.
Q4.When can we expect this to be done?
A4.If all goes well, probably this weekend.

Any other questions that needed to be answered let me know.

And post your comments please!!!

Well, it looks pretty good, but I can't pass judgement until I've seen what the playability is like. I'll probably pick this one up when it's released though.

Anders said:

WOW! That's one impressive crossbeam.

Sarcasm?

And yeah i felt legacy really would blow off the wad, including making alot of people change their mind about playing it.

ShadowRunner said:

Sarcasm?

Who's being sarcastic? That crossbeam IS awesome!

Yes, I've never seen such perfect placement of a solid brown crossbeam before.

Oh my God! I didnt notice that crossbeam before! Did you hack the source?! This changes everything! Dont even bother finishing the map. Just remove everything except the crossbeam and release it.

Bragging about such a common thing will make you look... not smart. As for not raising the gamma, that explanation might work except that IT'S NOT ABOUT THE GAMMA. The problem is the extreme and nonsensical contrast.

ShadowRunner said:

I'm not bragging about a crossbeam guys. I'm just stating that i learned them yesterday and think they're pretty cool.

The way you announced it sounded like bragging, as if you assumed that people would react like, "GASP! A crossbeam! Can it be true?!"

I look forward to seeing how your mapping style has progressed, though.

The screenshots look quite interesting to me, though like Draconio, I'm most interested in how the map plays.

Irrelevant quote: "One o't' crossbeams has gone out of skew on't treadle".

P:AR's first level had precisley 80000000 crossbeams, and it still ran okay, just lagged a bit...

Grazza said:

The screenshots look quite interesting to me, though like Draconio, I'm most interested in how the map plays.

Irrelevant quote: "One o't' crossbeams has gone out of skew on't treadle".

I beg your pardon?!!?!

Anyway, nice looking map. The door in the 2nd shot looks awful though, too wide and far too high. You should really only see one repitition of the texture on a door.

I don't want to look dumb, but, what is a crossbeam?

Shadow is persistant and you can see improvement....

Nice crossbeam. Now do a flying buttress. :p :D

Uhh that's not the definition I would have used, but anyhoo, just look at screenie number 5.

I see. I don't find what's special with it, it's not even a fake 3d bridge. Also I think it looks out of place.

Anyway, besides that f*cking large door texture, the map looks better than some of your previews work. Still you must improve a lot to claim yourself capable of making a map better than the originals.

The wads bad and you should feel bad!

OK, so not really, I just wanted to use that quote. (for 100 points, tell me where it's from!)

I might only guess that Deathz0r used it before, sounds like him... am I right?