Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Carmack at GDC

At the currently on-going Game Developers Conference, John Carmack gave today's keynote speech. HomeLAN Fed has a summary of it with a few key points pertaining to Doom 3:

• To get this out of the way first, no new Doom III footage was shown and Carmack said the game was "pretty close" to release.
  • Carmack confirmed that id is already thinking about their next first person shooter project after Doom III is due. Unlike Doom III, which is in its fourth year of development, Carmack said their next game is only supposed to take a couple of years to make, mainly due to the fact that they don't plan to make a huge graphical leap as they did from Quake 3 Arena to Doom III.

There were also various other topics covered outside Doom 3 such as Carmack's take on the state of the next generation of consoles, a would-be remake of Quake 2 among others.

Edit: For those who might want more on this subject, Gamespy has put up a more comprehensive article. - Cyb

Soon, the wait shall be over. No more hungering for new screenshots, nor more reading new articles and no more playing leaks. Soon...... I must rob a bank to be able to buy a computer that can handle Doom 3.

Heh, it's nice to finally see Doom3 so close to being out the door, even if I can't play it.

hey, isn't Quake IV a re-visit to the Quake II universe? Perhaps not a true remake, but still?

ukiro said:

hey, isn't Quake IV a re-visit to the Quake II universe? Perhaps not a true remake, but still?

Q4 is a continuation of Q2 I believe

I hope the airborn monsters in Q4 are a lot more agressive than those in Q2. And the ending doesn't suck.