Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sharessa

A Clockwork Kubrick

A political party formed by school students won nearly 70 000 votes? Oh please... :P

Xaser said:

A political party formed by school students won nearly 70 000 votes?

HAHAHAHA!

"A Spanish school teacher will be giving his whole class top marks after a political party they formed to explore how democracy works won nearly 70 000 votes in the recent general election, he said on Friday."

One of the worst sentences ever.

Scientist said:

Yes, makes you doubt democracy, doesn't it?

Rather the current state of it.

AndrewB said:

One of the worst sentences ever.

Technically it's a quote, so grammatical errors are allowed.

And... for what exactly were these votes won?

Wasn't there an episode of the awful truth where they ran a tree ageist the ruling party just to have some competition... and the tree won?

Either that or it was an effective cliffhanger.

I'm not a big Kubrick fan. I would be if I watched more movies, though, I'm sure of it. I really loved Full Metal Jacket, but that's the only one I've seen.

Anyway, it's a great article. Well-written. You can really feel for the writer and that Tony guy while you read it.

the only 2 things by Kubrick I liked were THE SHINING, and 2001, all his other movies either offend me, or annoy me, or are dumb, or are too weird.

What indeed. The only movie of his that I have problems with is 2001. Its a pretty good movie until it goes into the whole psychadelic thing that goes of for like an hour. Seriously, every time I've watched that movie I've fallen asleep in the middle of that, just to wake up later with it still going on. I liked how the book explained the end better.

This website explains 2001 very well. Although the question remains whether it is the correct explanation. I love 2001, although I didn't understand most of it the first time.

Disorder said:

This website explains 2001 very well. Although the question remains whether it is the correct explanation. I love 2001, although I didn't understand most of it the first time.

Yeah, between the book and the movie, I figured that much out, though I didn't see the analogy with the baby food and toilet training before. Heh. What I'm saying is that the psychadelic trip could have been done better. I like how Clarke does it in the book, where he stops by a couple locations in space like this planet with a thousand gateways on it where he sees some alien spacecraft, and a gas giant that the room, or the gateway to the room is orbiting. It would have been more interesting, and would have fit in with the movie's tone if done properly. Oh well.

The books where way better, ok so in the book of 2001 they go to saturn, then the book of 2010 follows on from the movie, so they are suddenly at jupiter, but then the movie of 2010 is different again..ah well, the books are better anyway