• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dron

How long?

How long have you been around?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been around?

Heard about it in 1993, with excited previews in the sega magazines for the 32X version, with lots of shots of the PC version, when i heard my friend had it (the PC shareware) i could hardly belive it, it was so amazing, like he had won the lottery or something, then i went round there and played it and was blown away, didnt get "my own doom" until i got the playstation version in 1995, and when i got my first PC in 1999 it was the first game i bought for it

Somewhere around 2000 when I saw Doom2 in some PC store and bought it. I've never stopped playing Doom after that for more than a month.

So... is this "How long have you been playing DooM? Because that will get a pretty standard answer... 93-95.

Or is this "How long have you been coming to DoomWorld?"

Scuba Steve said:

So... is this "How long have you been playing DooM? Because that will get a pretty standard answer... 93-95.

Or is this "How long have you been coming to DoomWorld?"

The first one Steve...

1994, Doom Campanion Edition. Which puts me at 6 when I started playing, heh.

I finally figured out how to get DEU to work in 2001, while I was writing my term paper, heh. And you all can see how long I've been at Doomworld for.

Played DOOM shareware the day it came out. In fact, I bought my first 286 to play it (DX2-66 MHz).

Started mapping in late '93 and relased my first WAD for DOOM in mid-94 (ARTIFACT on Compuserve Action forums).

around 95. Snes Doom was my first Doom experience. PSX Doom being my first Doom2 experience.

93 with shareware when i was 6, and had to use a boot disk so windows didnt load up or i couldnt play otherwise

I first played Doom at my cousins house when he got it for christmas in 1994, then in april 1995 I got my copy of Doom. I then got out of doom from 96-2001, in 2001I found my copy of Doom and came back online and started playing PWADS, then last year i decided to start making some Doom levels of my own.