Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ellmo

I'm looking for ACTOR sprites

I don't mean acotrs like Arnie Schwarzenegger, but quite normal humanoid sprites with all the neccesary animations, maybe even with sounds. Don't want any "hellish" people, cultists and acolytes; but will be very happy to have some wicked, twisted mutants. Horryfying, but still recalling human beings (systems shockw anyone?)

Do you know where I can find these, or Is there someone that could make those for me?

Graf Zahl said:

You might find a few in Strife. But aside from that there isn't much I know of.

Yeah, I was thinking about that... Well, it's not a theft if I don't get paid I presume.

I was messing with DECORATE lump and such, Graf, and I've finally learnt how to use polyobjects.

I'm currently accumulating ideas for a new project [gasp!]

There's also several System Shock-esque creatures in Hacx, but I'm not sure if we're allowed to (legally) use them.

For perfectly normal civilian sprites, there's a few in Scuba Steve's Ghostbusters TC.

Ellmo..
I tought I was going to make those :-( I've been rejected from the sprite-maker's position? :-(((
I already have plenty ideas for the new project. I just need some time to learn to make the cool humanoid sprites... I'm gonna make those, jes gimme some time (with the finish of DRD I should be skilled enough).

An old game called Blake Stone had human and mutant characters. I'm pretty sure it's possible to extract the sprites using Wolfenstein 3D tools (they use the same engine). Never tried it myself though.

You can extract stuff from the Blake Stone games (there were two, not just one ;)) using XWE.

NiGHTMARE said:

You can extract stuff from the Blake Stone games (there were two, not just one ;)) using XWE.

Or extract it from Blake-DOOM. Though DarkWolf let the homepage die or something can't fucking find it

Nmn said:

Ellmo..
I tought I was going to make those :-( I've been rejected from the sprite-maker's position? :-(((

No, no, no, no, no... I just thought It'll take you one hell of a time to produce something you'll be satisfied. Just wanted a few of those on quick, to start off the new project [gasp again] before I get bored.

You are free, and even encouraged, to do some sprites (Mutants come first, please!) with full animation and such.

Ready to draw those?

Oh, and BTW, please mail me again NMN, I lost your new @ adress. I got to... "brief" you :P

The Doom community needs more kickass sprite artists who can make this kind of stuff from scratch.

dsm said:

The Doom community needs more kickass sprite artists who can make this kind of stuff from scratch.

*Cough*Espi and ScubaSteve*Cough*

Fredrik, Ravage, Enjay and a couple of others can all do pretty kickass sprite related stuff too (see Freedoom and the Beastiary for evidence) :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Fredrik, Ravage, Enjay and a couple of others can all do pretty kickass sprite related stuff too (see Freedoom and the Beastiary for evidence) :)

So can you. The graphics in the darkening 2 and others were awesome!

EDIT: I meant you can do good texture art!

Hmm well we're talking about sprites here, which are easier (or at least less time consuming) to do than textures.

BTW of the few textures in the Darkening E2 which I made, nearly all of them were simply recoloured versions of Ola's textures... not exactly a hard task :)

Heh, what a co-incindence. 22Ventry has two humanoid sprites. They're motion captured, but don't suck as much as you'd expect.

Sprites easier than textures? Don't you mean the other way around?

Grimm said:

Heh, what a co-incindence. 22Ventry has two humanoid sprites. They're motion captured, but don't suck as much as you'd expect.

Sprites easier than textures? Don't you mean the other way around?

I'd say so. With a modern graphics package, textures are much easier to do.

With sprites you need to take animations into account as well, which isn't always simple if you do them from scratch.
At least that's not an issue with textures.

We do really need some good 3dMax users or some such, because it is usefull for 8 different angles of sprites.

NiGHTMARE said:

Heh, I wasn't expecting my name there. I can only do single frames.

We do really need some good 3dMax users or some such, because it is usefull for 8 different angles of sprites.

Find "hellspawn" on the zdoom forums, its a wad by Lilwhitemouse with some awesome 3D-Rendered enemies in, and loads of other cool zdoom effects too...damn hard though

If you were really crafty you could edit the weapons out of the Officers from Wolfenstein, turn their uniforms blue, and make them police officers. :/

Oh No Its Kyle said:

If you were really crafty you could edit the weapons out of the Officers from Wolfenstein, turn their uniforms blue, and make them police officers. :/

Ghostbusters Doom has police officers too.

The ghostbusters doom ones arent animated either, they stand there and change into a former human when they die, or gib