Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ragnarok

How will everyone play Doom 3?

First-time poster.

I was wondering how everyone planned to play Doom 3 whenever it comes out. Will you play only during the night, totally secluded from all humanity, to get the most out of the experience? Or, just play whenever you can?

I personally want the experience, hopefully making it as scary as possible. Just seeing what you guys thought. Thanks!

I think I'll just play whenever I can. Or if I can control myself, I'll play it at night.

I'll be playing at night or when no one's around (it doesn't really matter I have all windows in my room covered with something to keep the light out. And no I'm not a vampmire or a goth, I just like being able to use black lights for lighting, its fun), with my surround sound turned up and the low hum of a fan in the background keeping the room cool.

I'll play it whenever I'll get around to it. I won't be playing the game exclusively to be scared (that's a rather small priority for me) - rather to kill some really well-rendered monsters and immerse myself in a hopefully really expansive game world!

I'll probably play one or two hours every evening and mix the SP experience with some MP. I wanna take my time and not rush through the whole game in one weekend.

Play it starting Friday night. Ending Sunday night. In darkness windows closed and curtains around them. Really anything that makes it more scarier.

Thanks for the replies.

I was also wondering if anyone ever thought of what it was like to be a game developer in terms getting excited for new games. For instance, we, as gamers, can wait for a game and feel the excitement if the game is good (Warcraft III for me) or the disappointment if it is bad (The Ocarina of Time). But for game developers like id, they don't get to feel the same feelings for games as we do. I understand the money is a nice feeling, but it must suck to not feel that same enjoyment from a game. What do you all think?

Ragnarok said:

I was also wondering if anyone ever thought of what it was like to be a game developer in terms getting excited for new games. For instance, we, as gamers, can wait for a game and feel the excitement if the game is good (Warcraft III for me) or the disappointment if it is bad (The Ocarina of Time). But for game developers like id, they don't get to feel the same feelings for games as we do. I understand the money is a nice feeling, but it must suck to not feel that same enjoyment from a game. What do you all think?

They can still check out other games. (ie: Id Software can check out Far Cry, Duke Nukem Forever, etc.)

How to play doom?

1) insert the cd
2) forgot basic laws of self preservation and stop eating
3) and play
4) and play
5) and play
6) and drop out of high school
7) and play
8) Starve to death

Rocket science, it ain't.

I'll be trying to beat it as fast as possible, because it'll be at my friend's house. When I get myself a system capable of running it, then I'll enjoy the game.

When I finally get a chance to play it (sometime next year), I will close the door and windows and turn the surround sound up. If a neighbor yells "TURN THAT DOWN!" I will turn it up more so I cannot hear them complain.
Answering your other question, I think that for game developers, completing the game they worked so hard on is probably a more exciting experience than it is for us waiting to play it. I'm sure many people would disagree with me, though.

I'll play the game at night, wearing my black doom3 t-shirt to look cool, bloodshot eyes and foaming at the mouth probably as I will discover the game (yeah, a freak..), with a some new pants not too far away so that I can change them quickly in case I got too scared...

For your gamer question, the best would be to ask them hehe...They probably dont have the exact same enjoyment, but I'm sure they do enjoy it a different way by making it :).

how to play doom3:

lock self in dark room at night, make sure a refridgerator stocked with drinks is present, turn on surround sound, and get some lotion ;)

I will probably play Doom3 next winter, because right now I don´t have enough money to upgrade my computer anyways. Also I like to go out in the summer, a lot. Long dark winter nights are better for playing video games.

Tetzlaff said:

I will probably play Doom3 next winter, because right now I don´t have enough money to upgrade my computer anyways. Also I like to go out in the summer, a lot. Long dark winter nights are better for playing video games.

What's wrong with DOOM 3: The slideshow?

With a controller, if possible. On the first day it comes out, if possible. In the dark, if possible. Having fun, if possible ;)

ive never used anything but a keyboard for controls for the last 11 years, so im thinking i may have trouble playing......but it will be a dark atmosphere with an abundance of dope

Start Whenever it comes out...forget Eating...drinking....living and play doom3. School? Who needs that! lol

I'm just going to play, and go as far as I can go without getting my nerves shot from fright.

First of all, I'll be playing it on a GF FX 5500, so probably at low detail settings. Moreover, I'll be probably playing it at night whenever I can, wearing a good pair of headphones.

EDIT: Heh, I decided to buy a 5500 instead of a 5200

Well, I'll probably just play it to play it. I mean I've got the system almost finished for it ( 1 gig of dual-channel DDR400, GeForce FX5950 Ultra).

how to play DOOM3:

1) take out yet ANOTHER loan so I can buy me a new G4 Powerbook, and give my iBook to my girlfriend

2) buy and install DOOM3

3) have no life

easy

I'll play it at night, in a completely dark room and with headphones. I want the ultimate experience out of this game.

Even though Doom 3 could theoretically disappoint, I will play it all the way through. The old Doom games mean so much to me. They were my first real multiplayer experience and the first games I really got sucked into.

I guess I'm just a hopeless Doom fanatic :)

same here

DOOM was my first experience of multiplayer games, and the first game that i was fanatical about

i have to admit, i had owned a pirated copy of DOOM, but i think i've made up for it by purchasing it about 5 times!

i've bought it a few times for PC, twice for Mac, and once for GBA (when I say bought, I mean DOOM & DOOM II - i always buy them both together!)

i have even got the id Anthology ;)

it's one of my most prized possessions!