Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
captmellow

LD50

I've got nothing against rap music, & some of the lyrics are good. I suppose I should have specified the gangster rap image/lifestyle in my criticism. IMO all participants in that scene are Darwin awards waiting to happen.

I've got something against it! I don't wanna listen to mexican-african's songs !@! Good Point, captmellow

mexican-african

^bluntman ? heh

i can sort of understand being averted to the gangsta rap scene, although these days its largely just overhyped and commercial, but a good deal of the guys writing about it arent actually in it (anymore), and a lot of the stuff they say IS how it is.

"someone'll have to die before you hear a concious record" -- krs one

mmmkay, here is what I prefer:

Baroque music and before

Ever heard the madrigals of Carlo Gesualdo da Venosa? He lived 1561-1613 and his music could fit into the 20th century. In his time, no other composer wrote such strange music. You can easily dive into another world whilst hearing his wonderful music. Ok, I can see you faces when reading this..;).

Carlo Gesualdo also made research in the field of conservation of cadavers. He was a doctor. Once he found his beloved wife making love with another guy. He brought both to death and tried out his new conservation techniques on them. The bodies can still be watched in (I am not sure) Verona? He did the following: He just removed the flesh from the bones, but he conserved all the arteries veins so that the skeletons looked like being covered with weed. Cool, eh?

Try his 6th set of madrigals. When you dimm the light and let the music into your ears, you will not need any hash to move away from reality, I promise ;)

And then the english Baroque:
Henry Purcell (his odes, welcomes and songs), the works of his teacher John Blow, then Henry Lawes, William Bird. Why my affinity to english music? Most of it is joyful, not so serious like german baroque music. But I also like Georg Friedrich Händel (which used to live most of his life in england and wrote most of his works in that country).

And then the harpsichord music of Domenico Scarlatti.

But sometimes, I also hear harder music, modern stuff of different style.

i can sort of understand being averted to the gangsta rap scene, although these days its largely just overhyped and commercial, but a good deal of the guys writing about it arent actually in it (anymore), and a lot of the stuff they say IS how it is.

Hmmm... I won't preume to know "how it is", since I have never lived in the ghetto. But apparently you have. :-)

What is the biggest turnoff to me is the pathetic materialism. Pointing to their watches & chains, throwing money around, gesturing towards their bentleys, it's ludicrous.

What is the biggest turnoff to me is the pathetic materialism. Pointing to their watches & chains, throwing money around, gesturing towards their bentleys, it's ludicrous.

yes well they are not all like that, and if they are its just the influence of where they come from or whatever - dont be so judgemental

Hip-hop isn't what it used to be. Back in the day it was "Fight the Power", now it's "The Thong Song".

Hip-hop isn't what it used to be. Back in the day it was "Fight the Power", now it's "The Thong Song".

haha word .. there is too much pop music hip hop now .. eminem and chit .. fuq dat chit

theres still quality out there tho .. jurassic 5 come to mind

you know what i do live in a ghetto, and you don't see me waring gold chains, pimpin' hoes, driving expensive cars with flashy rims, or walking with my pants down to my ankles...95% of that shit they talk about about in pop-rap songs is bullshit...now the other shit about bad conditions in the ghetto, police brutality, crime rate, most of these fuckers brought down on themselves...trust me i know...like i said i live there...

And the Dead Prez, Common, the Beasties, the Black Eyed Peas... they're not enough to keep a decent panorama, though.

haha word .. there is too much pop music hip hop now .. eminem and chit .. fuq dat chit

theres still quality out there tho .. jurassic 5 come to mind

Tom you should use the ali g avatar :P

Man, I've been at school for two weeks now. Quit whining.

Heh. Me too, but I'm home sick today... I'm gonna have an ungodly amount of makeup homework.

Man, I've been at school for two weeks now. Quit whining.

Heh. Me too, but I'm home sick today... I'm gonna have an ungodly amount of makeup homework.

pfft, i've been going to school for SIX weeks now. so ph34r and stuff.

you know what i do live in a ghetto, and you don't see me waring gold chains, pimpin' hoes, driving expensive cars with flashy rims, or walking with my pants down to my ankles...95% of that shit they talk about about in pop-rap songs is bullshit...now the other shit about bad conditions in the ghetto, police brutality, crime rate, most of these fuckers brought down on themselves...trust me i know...like i said i live there...

where do you live