Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Mulder and Skulltag

In case you can't tell from my awesome headline, Skulltag has updated with a brand spanking new version dubbed '0.95j'. What's new since 0.95h, and where did 0.95i go, you ask? Well, I'll tell you (except for the second part):

• The join queue now works in ALL gameplay modes; not just duel. So now, in packed servers, you can "wait in line" to play when all the server slots are taken. When a slot opens up, you will then automatically spawn in, instead of having to manually join the game.
  • Spectators can now pass through teleports. No more being stuck in the team selection room while spectating!
  • Fixed problem where the effect of the random powerup could be different on the client end from the server end.
  • Fixed a bug where dropped weapons were giving twice as much ammo as they were supposed to.
  • Improved the gameplay of d2st2. The lifts have been sped up, and additional ammo and armor has been added.

Those are just some random snips from the page, so head over there to check out the full list of changes and download a copy (without the installer, yay!).

Cyb said:

and where did 0.95i go, you ask?

It's there, though you have to look on the imaginary timeline.

95i came out at a time where DW was going going through some changes with the FTP, news updating (for doomworld.com/skulltag at least), etc. In fact, to my knowledge, the news updated for the ST site on DW still doesn't work :(, and I only now just figured out how to manually hack news items in, which is why doomworld.com/skulltag has finally been updated. Whew!

Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback guys :) It's good to finally have v0.95 all done. Now, onto v0.96... the one with the bots...

I should beat you for that bad pun.

But as it stands, I've done much worse.

ravage said:

I should beat you for that bad pun.

But as it stands, I've done much worse.

Which pun? Mulder and Skulltag? Believe me, if I were a superhero, I would be Continuously Unfunny Pun Man. :P

ok, ST newbie. when in duel mode and you die you seem stuck in a place, then you enter spectator mode but to get back in the queue you have to hit space and Y to join the game again. took me a while to realise that. you should automatically be ingame/spectator unless you somehow choose to opt out

insertwackynamehere said:

Heh
Mulder and Skulltag

EDIT: In a desperate attempt to give this post a point: I really want to play ST. Any mirrors besides 3DDownloads?

If you click the download link provided on the main page (GO GET IT), it links you to the zipfile hosted on skulltag.com. In case you missed it...

http://www.skulltag.com/download/st-v095j.zip

OH I GET IT, cause like, on X-Files and stuff they have guns, like in Skulltag. BRILLIANT

::dodges thrown objects::

"I don't want to do any more of v0.95, and I don't think the majority of you want the bots to be put off any further."

Yeah, right on. Not many of my friends want to play doom any more (graphic heads), so I look forward to that coming on.

Keep up the good work people.

Law said:

"I don't want to do any more of v0.95, and I don't think the majority of you want the bots to be put off any further."

Yeah, right on. Not many of my friends want to play doom any more (graphic heads), so I look forward to that coming on.

Keep up the good work people.

I have actually started on v0.96 in the mean time, and it's coming along great so far :)

Also, since this new update, 95k was release. It is the FINAL version of v0.95. You can get it here:

http://www.skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=497

No, fool, the pun was that 0.95i is an imaginary number.

BTW, how do I get the bots to act at all? I spawn them and they just stand there, waiting to be killed.

spank said:

No, fool, the pun was that 0.95i is an imaginary number.

BTW, how do I get the bots to act at all? I spawn them and they just stand there, waiting to be killed.

As has been explained numerous times over and over again, the bots are not functional in any current 95 release. Bots will be returning in 96.