• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shamino

Electronic Arts announce acquisition of DOOM

From doom3portal:

ELECTRONIC ARTS ANNOUNCE ACQUISITION OF DOOM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 1, 2004 -- Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS), the world's leading interactive entertainment software company today announced the completion of negotiations with id Software, ending month long talks over the acquisition of the multi-million dollar DOOM® brand and all associated technologies.

First released in 1993, Doom is widely recognized as the catalyst for the first-person action genre. Since its inception, the franchise has been one of the industry’s best-selling PC series.

"We couldn't be happier" said Mark Kelly, EA Senior Vice President and General Manager. "This is a very important move for us, Doom® 3 is one of the most anticipated releases of the year on any format - its acquisition will allow us to penetrate into more traditional areas of the PC entertainment market".

This agreement reinforces EA's commitment to bring quality interactive entertainment to the broadest possible audience "it will now be possible for us to re-write and scale back the existing technology to better suit a more general audience, allowing it to run on the greatest number of platforms" said John Spinner, President and Chief Operating Officer at Electronic Arts "we will now release on Playstation®2, with ports on PC, Xbox® and Gamecube™ to follow shortly thereafter".

If I read it correctly, it might be a big disappointment...

FP! I don't know what that means but don't take it seriously if it's bad because it's obviously an april fool's joke. But I don't know what it means anyway.

Yay, no blood or gore. I was hoping for a kindler gentler doom 3.

even though it is an april fools joke...ONE DAY EARLY

Yeah, I'm fairly sure this is an April fool's joke, especialy since April 1 isn't until tomorrow and already they have this 'news item' dated for then.

Damn Australian pranksters.

gatewatcher said:

Heh, where's the funney?!

from the original post:
EA's commitment to bring quality interactive entertainment

All this bull shit is because of pussy ass america and there fucking religious ways... Oh and there president from texas which likes it in the ass hole.
Or it all a joke. :P Haha