Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tsareppsun

Wouldn't it be "OFF THA CHAIN" IF........

I know it's far to late for this to amount to anything being that the game could go GOLD at anytime and whatnot. But thinking on the CD or DVD thing for DOOM3 on earlier posts made me come up with some other things id should've added on "IF" the game happens to be released on DVD format.

Wouldn't it be "OFF THA CHAIN" if......

Behind the full length game itself-

The DVD version of D3 would have "DVD Extras" such as feature-length "Video Commentaries" of Camarack and the rest of the id staff that helped create the game.

How about. Video TV spots, A main GAME-MOVIE TRAILER. Create various commercial movie like trailers promoting the game. Like the same thing we see on all Regular DVD movies. (You know we gonna start seeing Doom3 commercials somewhere soon, only a matter of time.)*Personaly, I would LUV to see something done close to the original movie trailer of the 1st "ALIEN" by Ridley Scott. Especially trailer "B" see DVD "ALIEN" extra features, movie trailers A, B to see what I'm talking about.

And last, "Original Documentaries" talking about the history of Doom, id software and other id games such as wolfenstein, Spear of Des, Quake etc, etc.......

You see this could easily be done on DVD format, and not on CDs which should give id a better excuse to release DOOM3 on DVD.

Thoughts anyone?

Yes this would all be nice but since id Software and Activision don't really care about anything besides shipping a bare bones game, it will never happen. The closest thing id might do is to have a limited edition metal box. WOWOWOWOWOOW

Linguica said:

Yes this would all be nice but since id Software and Activision don't really care about anything besides shipping a bare bones game, it will never happen. The closest thing id might do is to have a limited edition metal box. WOWOWOWOWOOW

Well, A photo / coffeetable book was mentioned... (and I'll buy one)

tsareppsun said:

I know it's far to late for this to amount to anything being that the game could go GOLD at anytime and whatnot.

Off topic: Why am I NOT surprised to see an April Fool's joke about Doom 3 goin' gold? (yeh, I know it's late, but I didn't see it yesterday).

On topic: Hasn't this been discussed before?

dsm said:

Heh, I don't see why that changes anything. People will consistently post about stuff that has been posted about 4,000 times before.

Yeah, exactly.
Not to derail this thing or whatever, but it's quite annoying to see a new thread about some subject that is covered about 5 threads down.

dsm said:

Off topic: Why am I NOT surprised to see an April Fool's joke about Doom 3 goin' gold? (yeh, I know it's late, but I didn't see it yesterday).

Hmmn, missed it. Missed the maddox one too. And april fools is one of the more interseting days on the internet. Wouldn't it have been shitty if Activision had done the same thing?