Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jetflock

7 level episode finally released. DooM ForeveR

Hi. I couldn't send mail to the news section cause my email won't let me. I just want to inform the community that my 7 level episode for doom2(using doom legacy's open gl mode) has been released. it contains new graphics, sprites, music, etc. This is not the 2 level alpha demo i released in 99-2000. The co-op play is really fun, deathmatchers will want lots of users to kill, as the later levels are a bit large. it should be on the idgames thing soon, but i have uploaded the TC to my old crappy geocities page. here is the link:
http://www.geocities.com/rasputin1980/doomforever.html?1081021576921
enjoy Doom Forever!
-jetflock@bowiewonderworld.com

I did upload this to the idgames thingy. But I couldn't wait for it to be approved or whatever.

jetflock said:

it figures as soon as the newstuff upload actually went through kolop1 found a small bug in map06. its fixed in the forever.zip on my webpage http://www.geocities.com/rasputin1980/doomforever.html?1081021576921
sorry guys. otherwise you just clip through the first yellow door in
map06.

Then, upload it again! That's the reason, there is an "update to" field in the template.

A couple of bugs that cropped up (JDoom):

Map 02 is broken at the outdoor area just beyond the blue-locked building - the pain elemental inside the passage to the teleporter stops it from lowering. (you need to remove the pain elemental or put in an extra sector at the front of the passage to be tied to the switch instead of the whole passage)

The rocket and rocket trail sprites are the wrong way round. (which can lead to confusion...)

I have fixed some very small co-op and deathmatch bugs, i shall upload the newest version of DooM ForeveR when I get home tonight.