Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

The /newstuff Chronicles #175

Andy Olivera said:

The movie and right scroll ideas are cool(how'd you come up with it?), but it should be mentioned that the engine quirk that makes this possible has been known since the days of Icarus...

Well why did no one figure it out then :P

MasterOFDeath said:

[...] a strip club, disco, shooting range [...]

Anyone a clue-stick for this Dude?
THIS IS DOOM AND NO FUCKING DUCK NUCKELN!!!!!!1111oneoneone

(Ok... calm down... smoke a cigarette and then open the browser again..... )

Come back with your ideas when you add some MMORPG Code to a $PortOfYourChoice.
I would even pay the 25€/month for a server then ;)

BTW: Could anyone tell me how much traffic doomworld produces in a month? I would sponsor a server so we could get rid of these shity UGO ads.
I dont like ads ;)

dw moves something like 40gb a month, which doesn't include traffic from 3ddownloads

and also, what ads?

bryant robinson said:

Hmmmm I uploaded 'Braham Manor' 2 weeks ago but still no review yet.It must be cause its a vavoom map and vavoom maps rarely come through here.

I downloaded it on friday but vavoom refused to run for me, so hopefully Ultimate Doomer will have better luck next week :)

Sedna1 is a blast from the past and has that classic Doom II feel and most importantly gameplay! Levels like these are rare and I for one absolutely loves it. In this day and age where everything is filled with 3D floors and fancy scripts, this is a nice break. Don't get me wrong, I love those too, but I love seeing work like this too. Another cool spice in my Doom rack of spices!

Cyb said:

dw moves something like 40gb a month, which doesn't include traffic from 3ddownloads

and also, what ads?

40 gb a month? Thats a lot....
Aprox 120 Euro per month for traffic.
And 3ddownload isnt the clue either.
(difficulties in wget'ing files for example)

With ads i mean this banner above the ugo-fist.
(Removed a long time before by an entry in HOSTS :P )

bryant robinson said:

Hmmmm I uploaded 'Braham Manor' 2 weeks ago but still no review yet.It must be cause its a vavoom map and vavoom maps rarely come through here.

Cyb said:

I downloaded it on friday but vavoom refused to run for me, so hopefully Ultimate Doomer will have better luck next week :)

No luck for me either, when I follow the instructions I get a 'sfxinfo not found' message when I fire it up. (the folder's in the right place and everything) Vavoom works normally for me, so it must be the wad at fault.

Epyo said:

Worked for me.

Do you fancy reviewing it then? (PM it to me once you've done it)

Edit: nevermind, got it working now. (after working out that a textfile is actually needed to run it)