Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

annoying alarm clock?

Could someone recommend a really annoying alarm clock? My current one has a very monotone sound and is very quiet, and never wakes me up. I'm looking for one that's moderately loud but with an excessively annoying sound that'll get me out of bed in 5 seconds without even thinking about trying to go back to sleep. I'm looking for one that's pretty cheap, and preferably without a radio. Anyone know something like that?

I use a Timex alarm clock. It has 3 alarms which can sound one after another. The alarm is godawful, the sounds alarm is abhorrent, and the radio is always making a static noise. It hasn't failed me yet.

If you've got a mobile phone, then you should be able to use that as an alarm clock, with a wide range of highly annoying tones available.

Personally, I normally use my Psion 5 when I really need to wake up by a certain time - that has some tones that would wake an elephant. But it fails your "pretty cheap" criterion.

I have an exceedingly annoying alarm clock, which I no longer use. It plays a horribly digitised version of that bugle call they use in the army to wake up the soldiers at the start of the day, followed by a cartoony "wake up!" voice. When you turn it off, it even says "good morning!" in the same annoying voice.

Check your pc bios for any "power on by alarm" setting (usually in power management)

Then record the post hell music and put it in your startup folder*

*loud speaker system recommended

chilvence said:

Then record the post hell music and put it in your startup folder*

Even better: set it as your startup sound, that way you can't possibly stop it once it starts playing. (Insert evil maniacal laugh here)

Destroyer said:

that way you can't possibly stop it once it starts playing

It won't work. After only a few days, you'll have developed the instinctive behaviour of hurling yourself towards the power cord and gnawing it off to end the pain associated with waking up.

one word
radio

set it to a non exsisting AM frequency. jesus fucking fuck, after a bit of toying you can find that empty radio static and interfernce are ear pirceing

I'd recommend just setting your existing alarm clock to play the radio as the alarm, loud of course, preferably to some classic rock station morning show. Those are the worst. I can't lie in bed for very long after one of those wakes me up. :/

Piezo said:

I'd recommend just setting your existing alarm clock to play the radio as the alarm, loud of course, preferably to some classic rock station morning show. Those are the worst. I can't lie in bed for very long after one of those wakes me up. :/

Haha that's what I was thinking of. Can't beat the loud ass clock radio in the early morning...

What I do is have a couple alarms. One with 3 alarms by my bed and another hidden somewhere in my room as a back up. By the time I'm painfully conscious, it's not worth going back to bed.

Job said:

What I do is have a couple alarms. One with 3 alarms by my bed and another hidden somewhere in my room as a back up. By the time I'm painfully conscious, it's not worth going back to bed.

I wake with the same method. By the time the second alarm has begun a duet with the previous one that I chose to ignore, I'm in such a fucking bad mood that sleep is riding shotgun to violence.

I got a cheap $10 (or so) clock at walmart which has a radio (which gets LOUD) and a buzzer which not only wakes me up without fail but also my roommate across the room with a pillow over his head since he doesn't have to wake up until 12pm but I have my alarm set for 7am. P W N E D

I forget the actual brand of it tho, it's just some generic crap

i have a two stage alarm process

first i set the radio (UK: radio 4) to come on just before the hour so that i get a news bulletin of the most interstgin stuff that's happening and then some talky stuff, not too loud. usually the subject matter is interesting enough that i become interested and gradually get lulled out of the "MUST SLEEP" stage into "SNOOZE".

then at about 15 mins past the hour if have my "GET UP NOW" alarm which is provided by my mobile phone.

the cunning part is the radio, if i just had the "get up now" alarm and not a seduction into reality i'd just turn it straight off and roll over.

Well, I have a really annoying alarm clock. I hate it but I it will have to do as I don't feel like wasting my money on new one...

The clock has two stages, and the other one of them is a true killer. It's so loud and the sound is so horrible that I wouldn't be suprised if older people have died getting heart attack because of it. The times I've switched it accidentally to the louder alarm I've woke up my heart bumping and my hands trembling. The extra annoyance is that you have to push the switch right rather than left to switch the alarm off and I always accidentally push it left.

I cannot thing how anyone would want to own that horrible alarm clock though.

I go to bed early these days so I don't need an alarm clock... I'm up two hours before leaving. I guess I'm weird or something.

Imp said:

Screaming meanie..its a truckers alarm clock..do not activate it around the dead it will wake them up

oh, the green alarm clock from hell. My friend has one of those. A word of advice. Do NOT use one in a hotel.

Buy the worst music CD you never would buy in your worst nightmares and put it in a CD alarm clock! Position it at the far corner so you can't reach it in bed!

Or, if you have a surround amplifier and CD player with timer capabilities, try setting up the speakers around you and mix a loop where a Cyberdemon stamps around you and shoots! Set it loud, as real rocket explosions would be! (No responsibilities for a possible heart attack for you and/or your neighbors, though.)

Myself is using a random CD. I can not turn it off in my bed room, since just a speaker is in there.

Strategically placing a loud alarm clock at the other of the room is usually helpful, since you have to actually get up and walk to shut it off . . . or fall out of bed, crawl along the floor, and grab it off the shelf, shutting it off, then finally going back to sleep on the floor. :)

Many times I've got out of bed, staggered across the room to turn my speakers off, and then fallen unconscious in my computer chair.

i remember the other day wakeing up and just looking at the damn thing, was kind of confused. then i got up and shut the thing off

I have an alarm clock/cd player combo which I can configure to play a CD for the alarm. One of these shouldn't cost over $50. If you're looking for a truly annoying wake up call, purchase one along with a copy of Danzig 5.

idea. get a kick ass stereo system and a timer remote ( like the ones that they had on tv comercials for years) and wake up to a spider mastermind screech. make sure you got good durable speakers. not only will you wake up, you'll scream and piss your pants.