Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grimm

Child Stoner Acquitted

A woman who claimed God ordered her to bash in the heads of her sons was acquitted of all charges by reason of insanity Saturday after a jury determined she did not know right from wrong during the killings.
"God told me to strike at al-Qaida, and then He instructed me to strike at Saddam" -- GW Bush

Well it's not like she was set free, she was found to be insane and sent to an aslyum, and she's probably got less chance of ever getting out of there than she would have of being paroled from prison.

fodders said:

A woman who claimed God ordered her to bash in the heads of her sons was acquitted of all charges by reason of insanity Saturday after a jury determined she did not know right from wrong during the killings.
"God told me to strike at al-Qaida, and then He instructed me to strike at Saddam" -- GW Bush

Bushwacked.

Maybe she'll get a presidential pardon. George Dubbya will probably appoint her to his cabinet claiming, "I could use more people who talk to God like I do."

I can't begin to comprehend what complete and utter stupidity this is.

When these homicidal wackos hear voices in their head telling them to do awful stuff, why the hell do they listen? For the sake of argument, let's say it really is God telling you to kill your kids. Why not just say, "Fuck off! You're an even sicker asshole than me!" Because look at it this way: If God already hates you enough to tell you to kill your own kids, cursing out its immoral, sadistic ass is about the best thing you can do. Damn shitheads need to balance morality with ethics and freaking logic.

You'd be surprised how many brainwashed asshats act like total irrational morons above all else because they think God wants them to. But hey, at least they have their religion to keep them somewhat in line, because who knows how they would act without it.

Bush said that? Offer up some *reliable* links, please.

Another good one: "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God."

How come the voices in your head always tell you to kill someone else? Why don't they ever tell you to take a shit in the Wendy's salad bar?

Grimm said:

It was originally reported in an Israeli newspaper as something Bush said in transcripts of a negotiating sessions between him, Ariel Sharon and Palestinian leaders. Search google for "God told me to strike at al-Qaida" and "bush" and you'll get plenty of stories about the claims.

i remember a similar case with a man out west. killed 7 people includeing his own family. he had believe god had told him to kill everyone he could and then himself.

the man was sent to an asylum, which is better off than prison, however a very very slim chance for release.

we learned about many similar cases in a criminals studies class in high school

"The dilemma she faced is a terrible one for a mother," Files told the jury. "Does she follow what she believes to be God's will, or does she turn her back on God?"

Religeous people are scary.

No, crazy religious people are scary. Any sane religious person would realize it was just voices, not God.

Just voices, heh heh.

Job said:

How come the voices in your head always tell you to kill someone else? Why don't they ever tell you to take a shit in the Wendy's salad bar?

That would stink. :p

Fredrik said:
Another good one: "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God."

Christ almighty, did he really say that? What's your source?

Ralphis said:
Blasphemy.

Or maybe it was pulled out of somebody’s ass a few thousand years ago. My point is, that if the way you tell right from wrong is what 'god' tells you, you may as well be as bat-shit crazy a she is.

Ct_red_pants said:

Christ almighty, did he really say that? What's your source?

According to the sources I've seen, it was Bush the Elder that said that, in 1987.

link

Fredrik said:

That might explain why my voter registration papers keep bouncing. Fucking beaurocracy.

Job said:

***Hello Job, this is God. Prove your faith by taking a shit in the Wendy's salad bar***

fodders said:

Grimm said:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A37944-2003Jun26?language=printer
http://www.counterpunch.org/floyd06302003.html
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=310788&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y

I like how when everything goes wrong, or someone needs a rational excuse for the stupidities they have committed, they always blame it on God. Good fun apparently to blame everything on God when it is really nothing more than your own stupid fault.

Hmm. Well, it could the Prime Minister slandering, or more likely, Bush was just altering his speech for teh Prime Minister, who is most likely a religious dude. No biggie. More troublesome is what Bush Sr. said. It'll never happen, but it's still quite vexing.

I'm God's scapegoat. Every time there's a religious scandel, he yells "Fuck that damn Gokuma!" and then strikes a random person with lightning.