Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grimm

Child Stoner Acquitted

Fredrik said:

Another good one: "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God."

Uhh... wasn't this country founded on the ideal of the pursuit of religious freedoms?

EDIT: Which God? ; P

Grimm said:

No, crazy religious people are scary.

Well put. So do I find non-religious crazy people to be.

Any sane religious person would realize it was just voices, not God..

Uhh...if I didn't believe in spirits and their influences, I would point out the irony in this statement.

Ohh yeah, and Fodders, you totally owned Bush : )

Ct_red_pants said:

Maybe the bible was the word of the devil, and not god.

Scabbed Angel said:

Uhh... wasn't this country founded on the ideal of the pursuit of religious freedoms?

The freedom of practicing Christianity, yes.

Ct_red_pants said:

Maybe the bible was the word of the devil, and not god.

*sniff sniff* There's nothing like the smell of blatant, anti-religous angst in the morning. It never fails to amuse me.

Fredrik said:

The freedom of practicing Christianity, yes.

Heh.

Scabbed Angel said:
*sniff sniff* There's nothing like the smell of blatant, anti-religous angst in the morning. It never fails to amuse me.

Maybe what I said might be over the top, but there are people who will abandon reason because of an abstract phase they read... no scratch that, somebody told them was in the bible.

"The dilemma she faced is a terrible one for a mother," Files told the jury. "Does she follow what she believes to be God's will, or does she turn her back on God?"

This guys statement is what is scaring me. Hmmm, do I kill my kids with a rock, or not? Oy, what a pickle...

"God told me to strike at al-Qaida, and then He instructed me to strike at Saddam" -- GW Bush"

Bush never said those words. It was a rough translation that once corrected reads something along the lines of "I felt it was gods will to strike the Taliban and I did and then I attacked Saddam."

I despise bush with a passion but ill never stoop to idiocy to insult him. I have these little things called standards. Besides seeing his incredible linguist skills I doubt its necessary to twist his words around.

So you suggest he attacked Afghanistan because it was God's will, and attacking Saddam was a freebie?

If you think about it most wars have/had a religious origin.
Because almost any single religion think they are the best and only "true" one. Which is false .

So all religions suck.

Ct_red_pants said:

Maybe what I said might be over the top, but there are people who will abandon reason because of an abstract phase they read... no scratch that, somebody told them was in the bible.

The weekend warriors for Christ soccer mom division?

VinceDSS said:

If you think about it most wars have/had a religious origin.
Because almost any single religion think they are the best and only "true" one. Which is false .

So all religions suck.

Religion=people's interpertation of a belief, usually twisted for their own purposes. War completely goes against the teachings of most religions. This makes me want to create a thread about an argument I had with my family over the weekend...

Grimm said:
that crazy woman that bashed her kids' heads in with rocks was acquitted. Unbelieveable.

Well she sure sounds crazy to me, so yeah, she should be in an asylum. I don't really see a problem.

How come when people hear voices, the voices never tell them to do GOOD things? Like, "Confront your boss--tell him what great job he's doing!", or "You forgot your lunch--don't steal your co-worker's, it's not nice.", even?

fodders said:

So you suggest he attacked Afghanistan because it was God's will, and attacking Saddam was a freebie?

Well ya know, they were already right in the neighborhood and they had all those bombs and bullets left. Why blow up one country when you can blow up two? :)

Scabbed Angel said:

Actualy, that's pretty much the belief of the Gnostics, and I'd call them a religion.

god is a creation of man's own mind. thats how i feel. i dont belive in religions, but i do respect them

every religions has it miricles(fuck SP?) so i couldnt pick one even if i tired.