Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Searcher

Blind Alley, Y., "Dissolution" Just released.

Blind Alley, Y., "Dissolution" Just released.

15th map in the Blind Alley series for Doom 2. Now running on map one.

A very fun play with decent scenery. No port required.

Under normal play I do not consider it hard in UV. Difficulty of play is comparable to Doom 2 on UV, so no one should have all that much trouble with it after a few runs. Skill levels were added just in case. So, if it is just to easy, boost it up to fast or respawn, but most people won't need that. Or play it as a single in UV multiplayer mode if you really want your blood to flow.

There is a berserk and a chainsaw as well as a fair number of bullets if anyone wants to try tyson style on it. Should be something here for everyone. Tyson however, would be a bit extreme/hard but that's tyson.

While none of the secrets are required to finish the map they do contain extra health and ammo to ease you on your way.

You will never have to hunt for ammo in there, that is the least of your problems. A real straight forward map. No hard puzzels, just great gameplay in a decent looking map. Health, armor and ammo all feel pretty generous to me.

Feedback and/or demos always appreciated.

Legacy version 1.40a UV max demo of the level included in the zip file.
If you are having trouble with the secrets or the battles watch the Legacy demo. It is a very do-able map. ;)

Now get busy, the carnage is waiting!!

BndAlyY.zip
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/newstuff/
or
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/a-c/bndalyy.zip

Give it a try and post some feedback.

Edit: to fix link.

Yes There might be a megawad one of these days. I just did not want a forced commitment to it in case I decided to do other types of maps in the mean time. I figure if I just keep pluggin' on this I may well get one done.

Demon, yup, tested them all. Just a chance for me to play my map in many ports. This one is as always a real blastfest. Enjoy.

I posted a demo over at the demos forum. A different one (better)than in the wad pack. Doug use it at DSDA if you care to.

Well, you know I like the series, and this is another fine addition.

Anyway, I did a somewhat unprepared demo of pretty much just normal play - no aims in mind except for my usual policy of avoid doorhanging and play as aggressively as possible. So I dunno if you still want it, but I'd be happy to send it over.

From the Screenshots on WIP, it looks interesting. I'll have to give it a go.

ToXiCFLUFF
Thanks a ton for the demo of BAY, I loved it.
You scared me half to death by charging into a couple of those rooms like that. GREAT JOB! on a fairly challenging map.