Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
T800_2

1. Ping problem

When I start my server with ZDaemon Server Launcher - Lite 1.3.0.0, & play ca. 3 minutes, the players who connect to my server "timed out" and "disconnect". The ping is to high.

My system: "

CPU: 1.8 GHz
system: Windows 98
RAM: ca. 512, I'm not sure."

Teamscorelimit: 50
Port: 10666

Here you can see a test result of my server:

http://de.geocities.com/adrian_vonwyl/screen.JPG

Is my upload-speed my problem?

I don't download other files when I'm running my server.
I deactivate my firewall.
I use ADSL internet.
My PC is connect with a HUB on my modem, my PC isn't connect with my old PC, only with the ADSL modem.

Why do I have that high ping in my server?

1 also 1 player "disconnect" & "timed out" after a few of minutes or after a moment.

1. How high bandwith KBPS do I must have to be able that my connection can host a ZDaemon server?

I am not a master at that, but as far as I remember over 2 players and it starts to get problematic. (I had 512/256 DSL)

1. Ever, irelevant how many players are in my server, ever they "timed out" after a moment.

I would recommend you to get a cable connection... you can host more people with less problems.

1. What do you mean, debit I buy me a 1200/500 dsl speed-rate?

I think my brother don't want to buy cable & install the cable modem on the 2 computers. I whould have a to long time to overtalk him.

1. Is it normal, that all players timed out after a moment when my server have a high ping?

Thats what I noticed when I played around with a server on my DSL Connection.
I think the problem is DSL itself... it naturally does not have good latency (understand it does not have low pings).
note that bandwidth (Kbp/s) and latency (ping in ms) are not the same.

Cable connections or better (like T3, T1 or high-end RNIS) are much better to host servers.

1. I think now I know the problem. My dsl-connection is behind a firewall. This firewall block the players, which connect to my server. I must buy me a new modem, which don't have a firewall, and then I make the settings manual in the normal firewall. So can all players connect to my internet address, and play without interference.

But you've already asked 7 questions in this topic. And if you're writing one question in just one post, it doesnt make much sense to give it a number.

T800_2 said:

It's the number of the question from this theme

Erm? Then why does every damned thread, post, TEXTBOX, you enter start with a "1."? I've seen you on other forums too, ya know.... It's like if you see a text box, "OMG LOLZ ONE, PERIOD!!@#"

EDIT: You may proceed with the topic :]