Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Remilia Scarlet

Is this the end?! [Godzilla]

I'm not sure how many else are on these forums, but I'm a huge Godzilla fan myself. Many people don't actually know that Godzilla is a bigger deal to me than both Doom and DDR combined. Anyways, I happened to go to the official site (in Japanese, sorry) and found a new trailer (oddly enough, the trailer's in English) for a new movie. But from what I gather (last bit before the date on the trailer says something like "After 50 years, it ends").

http://www.godzilla.co.jp/

New movie trailer is instantly found by clicking on the left button that says "[stuff] (MOVIE)"

Is this really the last of the Godzilla movies? I really hope not. Seeing that this is the 28th movie with him, I'm hoping to see it continue.

Thoughts?

Doubt it. I bet they'll make those movies until the end of time.

It seems someone didn't see "Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter", and its amazing sequel "Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning"!

As long as it makes bucks, they'll keep cramming 'em out.

"Godzilla : Finals Wars" is supposed to be the end of the Big-G. Toho stated that this film was going to feature 10 of Godzillas older foes (all revamped) as well as a new enemy known as Monster X. The director of the new film is wanting to create a new Godzilla that can kill an enemy with a single blow....

I think it'll be a pretty damn cool movie, especially after following the latest title "Godzilla X Mothra X MechaGodzilla : Tokyo SOS"... Time to steer clear of the old Mecha"G" and Mothra and throw some of the older, maybe more lively monsters into the mix.

As far as a final movie goes, yeppers, this is supposed to be it. December 10th can't get here soon enough...

I just realized I'll actually be in Japan when this comes out there.

I haven't gotten a chance to see Tokyo SOS yet, but the last one I saw was Godzilla vs. Megaguiris, which totally rocked. If it's anywhere near as good, I'll be happy.

DJ_Haruko said:

I just realized I'll actually be in Japan when this comes out there.

I haven't gotten a chance to see Tokyo SOS yet, but the last one I saw was Godzilla vs. Megaguiris, which totally rocked. If it's anywhere near as good, I'll be happy.

Yeah, Godzilla X Megaguirus is a pretty cool entry into the series. Though, in my eyes its a bit too similar to Gamera 2 : Attack of the Legion. If you liked Megaguirus you should check out GMK - Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.

Sony just recently released Megaguirus, GMK and Godzilla X MechaGodzilla on DVD in subtitled and Widescreen formats... :) They've also acquired Godzilla vs. Hedorah, Ebirah - Horror of the Deep, Son of Godzilla and Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla 1974.

Its going to be pretty cool to have some of the older titles on DVD complete with the original Japanse language and Widescreen formats.

:D If this one comes to North America I will be sure to see it. :D I've always loved Godzilla. :D

Submerge said:

I can see it now: The final movie!

GODZILLA VS. ATTACK SEIZURE ROBOTS!

The only movie to kill more people than 'The Passion of the Christ'

Hahahaha.

BlackFish said:

They had a joke on that in the Simpsons a long time ago. Maybe that show actually exists O_o.

No.

Back in like 97-98 there was some show in Japan that all the kids watched and they had an episode where they used some strobe effect. Something like 100 kids went into epileptic shock watching it, and it made big news here. A year or two later and this show is stateside, something called Pokemon or something, with the strobe effect edited for safe use. Anyway, Simpsons was spoofing that, and there have been a few websites since then that have spoofed the 'Siezure Robots' thing.

It was specifically an episode of pokemon, Dan. called 'Electric Soldier Porygon'.
Yeah, kids had seizures from watching it, and it never made it to the states. Other things that they conveniently edited out of pokemon is that Team Rocket uses guns sometimes. yay.

Danarchy said:

A year or two later and this show is stateside, something called Pokemon or something, with the strobe effect edited for safe use. Anyway, Simpsons was spoofing that,

And very poorly, I might add.

Submerge said:

It was specifically an episode of pokemon, Dan. called 'Electric Soldier Porygon'.
Yeah, kids had seizures from watching it, and it never made it to the states. Other things that they conveniently edited out of pokemon is that Team Rocket uses guns sometimes. yay.

Heh, pretty much all anime is edited when shown on TV. I've been informed that pretty much all that stuff they show on Cartoon Netwrok that is directed towards teens is full of nudity in it's original form. o_O