Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Alfalpha

I was wondering if anyone knew where you could get some alfalpha. I need to start priming my digestion for the new diet I am going to start going on hopefully in a few months.... If anyone knows where to get alfalpha, that'd be swell if they could email me.

Why am I posting this in Doom 3? Cause I never posted in here before.

Ermac just sent me a bunch of pics and got me all excited for the game. Now I just have to decide if I am going to upgrade my PC. I'm broke tho :(

What machines are people going to be running doom 3 on?

That plant was all over the farmland I lived on during my teens.

I love Alf!

Wait, no. I hate him with a fucking passion.

/me hands Alf "most irritating collect call commercial spokesperson" award

This thread is supposed to be about the specs of the computer you are going to play Dookm3. Let's try and keep it on topic (even though the initial post didn't lead up to it)

My specs:

Pentium 4 Northwood 2 2.533ghz
ATi Radeon 9700Pro 128mb
1024 mb PC3200 (DUAL CHANNEL) DDR400 RAM
ViewSonic E92f+sb
2xWDRaptor
2xWD160gb
1xIBM120gb
1xIBM40gb
Logitech keyboard + mouse (MX700)

I bought this last Fall.

Power Supply Enermax 450watt
Intel Processor P4 2.60c HyperThreading
Asus Motherboard P4P800-dlx
1gig DDR PC3200 Kingston
ATI Radeon 9800 128meg tv out AGP8X vid card
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card
Seagate HD 120gig SATA 8MEG
DVD reader 16x Sony
Plextor CD Writer 52X32X52
Logitech Optic mouse
Viewsonic 19" P95f+ .25 Perfect Flat
Integrer 10/100 gigalan Network card

Emachine Comp

Pentium4 2.6ghz
768 megs DDR RAM
80 gig hdd
32 meg Geforce2 vid card
analog mouse
multimedia keyboard
Altec Lancing speaker set - 2 satellites, 1 sub
17" flat screen monitor - standard

...and so on. A bunch of non-customized stuff. Good for only $680 total.

800 mhz p3
Geforce 4 440 mx card
512 Ram
5 gb hardrive
40x cd rom
soundblaster 128 card

..I might need to upgrade..

...and we'll grow alfafa, and then I can feed the rabbits!

Anyway

P4 2.53Ghz
512MB PC2700 RAM
GeForce 4 Ti4400
40 + 80GB HDD
Creative Soundblaster 5.1
17" CRT Monitor
Optical Intellimouse
Qwerty keyboard :P
And other stuff which doesnt really matter.

P3 933 MHz, 256 MB of RAM, GeForce 4 TI 128 MB, SB Live, Win 98 SE. Needless to say, I plan to invest in a new computer from Dell.

heh, no one got the real reason for this post. But I guess that's prolly a good thing, because if you had... I would have gotten banned.

That, or people got it but tried to hide it so i wouldn't get banned.

why is it such a big deal, anyway?

I think it's quite obvious what your post was about :P

Anyway:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (OCed from 2500+)
GeForce 4 Ti4200 (also OCed)
512mb DDR Ram (400mhz)
SB Live!
Old 17" CRT Monitor

SlayeR said:

I think it's quite obvious what your post was about :P

Anyway:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (OCed from 2500+)
GeForce 4 Ti4200 (also OCed)
512mb DDR Ram (400mhz)
SB Live!
Old 17" CRT Monitor

Heh, I thought it was... anyway, someone got me some alfalpha...

so how about them computers... I think I'll need a serious overhaul.

What motherboard are you using, SlayeR?

gatewatcher said:

rofl

??

*sigh* For computer geeks the computer is the compensation factor that corvettes are to old people. What the hell:

AMD Atholon 1500 series (How stupid am I, I was supposed to be shipped teh 2100 series, and didn't notice until a year later :(
512MB PC2700 RAM
GeForce 3
60GB HDD
Sound is throught Aardvark USB 2 routed through my sound sys.
17" 5 year old crap monitor I bought for Q3A
IBM mouse
Old ass keyboard
So what does this make mine? Better than a Pinto right?

Bah fuck you all. As long as we're talking about this shit, when does the new line of Nvidia cards come out? I googled it and couldn't find anything. Weren't they supposed to post something about it in April?

AirRaid said:

...and we'll grow alfafa, and then I can feed the rabbits!

Anyway

P4 2.53Ghz
512MB PC2700 RAM
GeForce 4 Ti4400
40 + 80GB HDD
Creative Soundblaster 5.1
17" CRT Monitor
Optical Intellimouse
Qwerty keyboard :P
And other stuff which doesnt really matter.

lol.
and we'll whip the cream off the surface thats so go*damn thick

that is my favorite book

• Athlon Barton 2500+@3200+ (1.83GHz@2.2GHz)
  • Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
  • 2x512MB PC3200 Corsair XMS TwinX in dual-channel
  • ABIT NF7-S 2.0 motherboard

P4 3.0Ghz with Hyperthreading widgets in it
512MB DDR RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
160 GB HD
17" CRT monitor
Onboard sound + mediocre speakers :(

If I can run the game at 800x600 without too much jerkiness, I'll be a happy man.

i call this one the screaming demon
dual AMD athlonXp 2400+ (4Ghz)
1024MB DDR2700 RAM
geforce 4 MX-400
80GB SATA hard drive
soundblaster live
Linux/win2000 (original suse8.2 but i have done alot of stuff to it, new kernel, upgraded KDE removed alot of stuff and added alot of stuff) i need to redo my windows2000 section. but i rarly boot into it

Compaq MV700 17" Monitor (Omfg this thing still works and it's over 6 years old. It came with our first computer (my Mom's actually but she didn't care that we used it)which was a Compaq model 5242 400 Mhz Computer which also came with a printer (think it was an IJ900 or something). This thing doesn't just work but it works awesome. Brightness-contrast are still just as strong as it was before at highest resolution 1280X1024 @ 60HZ (doesn't do 75HZ like todays monitors), colors are just as good as todays monitors (even better than some. Some of 'em have too strong of whites or blacks and the image doesn't look natural or it looks washed out just like the ways alot of LCD monitors suffer. This old thing doesn't suffer from any of that) and it's the dirtiest thing in my room. I wish I could show you guys a picture of it. This monitor is the shit!

Cooler Master Aero 7+ ASB-V73

Athlon XP 3200 (stock)

Corsair TWINX1024-3200LLPT Memory

Asus A7N8X Deluxe V2.0

Sound Blaster Live! (using hacked audigy 2 drivers. YAY! :p they really work good too)

Logitech Z680 speakers (I was lucky to have my room as the perfect setup for them. But I was not lucky to avoid pissing my parents off.)

Zalman ZM80C-HP + Zalman ZM-OP1 80MM Slim Fan (this thing rules and with the fan on lowest setting it cools it down so much. Gets extremely hot when fan is off. I burned my thumb like literally when I was testing it out-making sure it was sucking in heat. It definately was sucking in heat...)

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Seagate 80 GB HD (I gave a 10 GB seagate thats from 98 to my friend and it's still goin'. My friend also has a 2 gb one that's even older from 97 that he's still using along with the one I gave him. Seagate rules!)

Lite-On 48/16 CD/DVD Drive XJ-HD166S
Lite-On 48/24/48/16 CDRW/CD/DVD Drive LTC48161H

fUnc sUrface 1030 SU-BK-BK Mouse Pad (has to be the best mouse pad in the world...)

Logitech MX300 930762-0403 Mouse (has to be the best mouse in the world. Well as far as gaming goes anyways. No matter how fast I move it it will not tweak out and go all over the place like almost all other optical mouses do. I took the weight out of it too (a metal thing inside to make it heavier) and it's very light weight even with the weight in there. It's also ambidextrous so if your right or left handed you can use it either way. It's really comfortable too and it fits in my hand just perfect.)

Folded sock mouse-wrist pad (don't have money to buy a real wrist pad right now. I need a wrist pad cause I can't play as good without one plus it's bad for your wrist anyways. Who knows maybe a folded sock works better than the real thing.)

Microsoft office Keyboard (I don't like this keyboard. When I get a job I'm definately gonna get the logitech one I saw at newegg)

I got laid off at my previous job at the beginning of January as a dishwaser-assistant cook at a Family Mexican Restaurant. I'm not even Mexican and they practically never hire any people outside of there family for work at there restaurant. Of course my Stepdad who is a close friend of theirs and Mexican did help me get a job there. If it wasn't for him I probly wouldn't of had my computer or any good games and that's practically all I care about besides my Mom-Family. It was fun working there too while at the same time it was hard work. All the money I've made from there I've blown on games and computer, but mostly on my computer (bought all my computer parts at Newegg). I would've boughten an xp 2500 and overclocked it up to 3200 but I'm kinda anal about running everything stock. I'm so pissed now cause I don't have a job to make any money. Plus I don't have a job to keep me sociable and away from depression-lazyness. Been job hunting ever since (haven't put that much effort into it though) and no luck. How did the rest of you get your parts and where?

Scabbed Angel said:

So what does this make mine? Better than a Pinto right?

No, it makes you a stupid asshole for thinking your clever remarks are funny and /or correct.

AMD64 3200 & MSI Neo
x2 512 3200
Antec TP 550w
Liteon 52x
Giga Rad9800 (425/360)
SB ZS & Log 640's
Maxtor 8mb, 7200
17" standard, but soon to be 21" as soon as my bird gets her finger out of her ass. lolol.

me's awaiting the game.

gatewatcher said:

No, it makes you a stupid asshole for thinking your clever remarks are funny and /or correct.

If you kids want to play rude, go do it in Blogs or something.

gatewatcher said:

WTF? Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: If you were offended by my comparison of cars vs. computers in the compensation regard. . . consider how the irony that I drive a sports car effects the offensive factor of this. If you were offended, I'm sorry, it was meant to be a joke.

Lord FlatHead said:

If you kids want to play rude, go do it in Blogs or something.

I didn't did I?

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2 ghz)
512Mb Crucial PC2700 RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128
Western Digital 80 GB 7200RPM 8Mb Cache
EPoX 8k9a2 Motherboard

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ (2.2 ghz @ 400 mhz FSB)

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Motherboard w/ nVidia NForce2 north/southbridge chipset controllers, Soundstorm onboard audio

1,024 megs Corsair DDR400 non-ecc XMS dual channel

Samsung 19" monitor

Seagate Barracuda SATA 7200 RPM 160 gig HD with 8 meg buffer

ASUS V9980 GeForceFX 5950 Ultra 256 meg DDR display adapter

Iomega DVD-R,RW,ROM,RAM/CD-R,RW,ROM

Iomega Zip drive 750 meg

The last two items are still on my waiting list.

Coopersville said:

What's all this poppycock about getting the Alpha?

as I understood it you get banned if you ask for it, so I asked for alfalpha instead.. :D