Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Oh my gauwde!

Mock2 is one of the weirdest wads I have ever played in my whole life! How the hell did they do those effects?

zdoom.org

It's called scripting, and I found map31 to be quite funny.

"Wait a second".
"They're is just way too much detail in here!"
"Scripting makes the map crappy like all were"

Lmao.

Some of those levels are so hilarious. Like the bridge of doom, with all the fireballs and such. And they called the imps magical creatures of browness or whatever.

Bashe said:

Some of those levels are so hilarious. Like the bridge of doom, with all the fireballs and such. And they called the imps magical creatures of browness or whatever.

TUD did a damn good job on that map's ability to kill my framerate.

Ichor said:

Maaaaaaaaagic

to add on to those effects, they use magic. and yeah.

I thought mock 2 was stupid in a clever way, therefore even being fun to stupid people in a cup of rotten molten magma could say "I like harps, and then I would impregrenate my harp and then that child would go on to make a megawad entitled """""mock 2: something something""""""""

ravage said:

Is there actually a system availably which let you play all the maps with at least 15 fps at 320x200?

In Mock2, the really REALLY slow maps are 6, 8, 24, 34, 36 and 39 as I noticed so far.
And in map41 the music drives me crazy. This is not playable without idmus.

And for the music of map28, let me guess. Is it "Baron Killer" or "Tom's Ripoff of Castlevania" as sung by the Baron of Hell Choir of Death? Actually this is what mock2.txt tells me about it. ;)

Not only in Mock2, I noticed ZDoom tends to slow down when there are a lot of objects. For example, the later maps of Scythe are huge and have lot of monsters, and they are desinged in a way half of them are awaken after your first shoot. With ZDoom I got about 1 fps then, with Prboom or Eternity I still can play it with almost no slow down noticable.
The original Doom maps work fine with either engine.
I guess there is still much to optimize for speed in ZDoom. Though the renderer seems very good as it is much faster on small maps, especially when standing right in front of a wall.
At least it seems a bit strange that I can play Unreal and Quake2 flawless, and some ZDoom maps are a pain on the same system.

The Forum Adventurs parts 2 and 3 also successive slow down and become unplayable after about the half though it, where the first part plays quite fine thoughout.

I laughed pretty hard on level 29 (called Bambi's mom is dead). Doom guy's family gets killed. Even his mom's brother's sister's cousin's roomate's ex-wife's cyropractor or whatever! His grandpa is an archvile!

EarthQuake said:

Ha. Ha. Har.

I haven't. I think I got to level 6.

[/sarcasm] Don't you think we've all played it?

Bashe said:

I laughed pretty hard on level 29 (called Bambi's mom is dead). Doom guy's family gets killed. Even his mom's brother's sister's cousin's roomate's ex-wife's cyropractor or whatever! His grandpa is an archvile!

Yeah, it's edited but I'm too lazy to take it all over again.

Yeah, that's why I like it so much - the way that ZDoom features are used to create real silly but cool concepts, some classic piss-takes (eg. MockDonalds) and the surprisingly great gameplay. Also the fact it's totally different to most megawads out there means I'm more likely to play it again than most.

ravage said:

I know, I can't understand why it does that - I sweep the bodies away constantly, projectiles hitting the wall just disappear (horizon trick) and there aren't any decals for projectiles hitting the floor.

LogicDeLuxe: are you using the latest ZDoom, with the uncapped framerate? (also I think you're confusing map 39 with map 40 in terms of slowness, as map 40 is the slowest one in terms of show-stopping the gameplay)

Bashe said:

OMG, really?!