Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Janderson

Maggots [Slipknot]

i honestly think they suck for the most part. maybe good if you are in high school, i listened to them a bit then and even then i didn't think they was anything great

I guess it's just a matter of opinion, but from my life experience I find what they say and represent quite meaningful. Yeesh, I find Limp Bizkit isn't. If this thread isn't interesting or whatever you can delete or Hell it.

"Pulse of the Maggots" sounds like it's in between the sound of the first album and the second.

Of course, anything is better than their second album. Even the band didn't like "Iowa."

Cyb said:

I thought slipknot broke up

They did break up. Corey apparently got bored of Slipknot and wanted to create something different; thus, Stone Sour was born.

Oh and by the way, Iowa wasn't the second Slipknot album. "Mate, Feed, Kill, Repeat" was.

Sephiroth said:

i honestly think they suck for the most part.

Except replace that with "on the whole".

MFKR, unofficially, wasn't their first album, because on three members of the current band were there for MFKR.

But no, Corey's first band, before the 'knot, was Stone Sour. Slipknot didn't break up - they just tried different things on their own. Corey just wanted to get SS back together for an album.

thats a good song!

mate feed kill repeat was an indie album, if you wanna be a snob then sure, but self-titled and iowa are their big studio discs.

I think that song's pretty good, sounds a little like Chimaira (and that's a good thing), and I really like their new solos and shit.

Relica Religia said:

MFKR, unofficially, wasn't their first album, because on three members of the current band were there for MFKR.

But no, Corey's first band, before the 'knot, was Stone Sour. Slipknot didn't break up - they just tried different things on their own. Corey just wanted to get SS back together for an album.

Wow, that's completely new to me and different from everything I've read and heard, but I'll take your word on it ;)
Stone Sour really existed before Slipknot? I've tried finding info about them, but the only album I can seem to find information about is their self titled...

As for MFKR, if it was released and a certain number of copies sold, and the name of the band was "Slipknot" then it's a first album. Alot of people won't consider it an album because only 1000 copies or so were sold and Corey obviously didn't sing.
Also, it doesn't matter who was there and who wasn't. There are many many bands who only retain one or two original members.
Personally, I hated this album, but you can't deny that it was their first.

Alot of bands start off sounding like shit, maybe selling a few thousand CDs. Slipknot was the same, so what?

Now to download those songs :D

Um ................ Sweeeeet!
Those new songs sound awesome. I'm glad they're doing solos now so people can't say they just smash the instruments randomly.

Janderson said:

I'm glad they're doing solos now so people can't say they just smash the instruments randomly.

I've not heard the new songs yet, but they'd make me listen if they played a few solos. I saw a video with Mick playing some awesome shit on his guitar but he doesnt do any nice shit like that in slipknot.

Stone Sour existed before Slipknot, but they never really got off the ground (ie. made an album), but after the 'Knot got hot press, they thought it could work for an SS album.

And yeah, you're right, MFKR WAS the first actual album, like it or hate it.

I thought the old singer sucked badly.

or:

Morbid Angel
Death
Vehemence
Suffocation
Nocturnus
Zyklon
Myrkskog
Demilich
Vader
Neurosis
Hypocrisy
Emperor
Dissection
Cryptopsy
Carcass
At The Gates

instead of Slipknot ;) (actually for the record i still do like Slipknot, and i think its a good thing theyve got solos now, but i have moved on to bigger and better things in metal, i suggest more people do the same :) )

I don't care if you don't want to listen to them. It just pisses me off when people tell others "to listen to some real music" and then list the shit they listen to, which is most cases isn't any "better".

Music is art. You listen to it for enjoyment. If you don't like a certain type of music, then don't listen to it.

Well, that's my view on things. By the way, this post wasn't aimed toward anyone, dn just got me in the mood to ramble :P

I just like slipknot fans because they get really angsty and defensive when you tell them to pull the shit out of their ears and listen to a band that you should have grown out of when you were twelve.

Im not really thrilled with the new song. It lacks the energy of some of their other stuff.