Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
netnomad312

Texture bugginess

Here's a screenshot of the problem:

See how the lines of the texture don't match up? Technically they do. The texture, COMPGRN1, is 128*64 and contains two patches... that's the second one (meaning I used a 64 X offset on each of the lines that are using the texture). This shot was taken in ZDoom 2.0.63, which is the only program that screws this texture. I looked at it in Wintex and tested adding a second patch under that one... it lines up. I tested it in Legacy and it shows up fine. Is this just another ZDoom bug?

EDIT: The textures is actually 72 units high, not 64... maybe that makes a difference somehow...

It's possible that it's a bug, but you'll get more feedback from the Zdoom forums, along with people who can investigate the problem.

EDIT: The error is occurring at 72 units distance from the top. (Count the pixels in the texture, each of those lights are 8 units high) It's never a good idea to have a texture with smaller dimensions than the patches contained within. For example, you should have a patch within a texture that "sticks out" beyond the dimensions.

Send me the wad if you would like. I can solve the problem easily ;)

earthquake@realsimpsons.com

This is know as the "tutti frutti effect". You shouldn't tile any textures shorter than 128 in the y direction.
As you tried expanding the texture to 128, you know how to fix this already. ;)

This is an issue of the original code. While some ports like Boom fixed that, Zdoom apparently didn't.

Earthquake: Actually, both the patch AND the texture are 72 units high, so that isn't the problem. Anyway, I just made a second texture with two of those patches (128 units high) to solve the problem.

LogicDeLuxe said:

This is know as the "tutti frutti effect". You shouldn't tile any textures shorter than 128 in the y direction.
As you tried expanding the texture to 128, you know how to fix this already. ;)

This is an issue of the original code. While some ports like Boom fixed that, Zdoom apparently didn't.

To clarify, textures that are 8, 16, 32 or 64 units in height do work fine in ZDoom. Any other height less than 128 produces the error displayed.