Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

Unreal 3 engine demonstration

I heard people say that it's in fact a lot better than Unreal 2's or Doom 3's engine, which isn't really surprising, since the first game using that engine will be released in 2006. Although it's risky to base such judgements on such a video like you said. But impressive indeed.

Shaviro said:

Nice engine, horrible art to show it off, imo.

I thought the stuff in the beginning looked fairly nice. Again, it might however look far worse in sharp high resolution.

By the way, it's kind of interesting that glossy materials can be rendered to look more convincing than tarnished ones these days :P

Nice find! Amazing stuff. So when will I be able to play this?

Zoost said:

Nice find! Amazing stuff. So when will I be able to play this?

As disorder said games aren't expected until ~2006. It's unlikely the demo will be released (or leaked).

The bump mapping effects are very nice, but i'd expect most engines to support it anyway.

I was gona make a topic about this.

Doom 3....... RIP

This blows Doom 3's graphics out of the water.

>>>>lets hope they learned there lesions from the last game :/<<<<<<

Uhh, you mean UT2k4? That was a success. If you mean Unreal 2, it's been dead for a while now.

Lengis said:

I was gona make a topic about this.

Doom 3....... RIP

This blows Doom 3's graphics out of the water.

Well ofcourse it does! Doom3 blew Quake 3's graphics out of the water as well. I'm sure the next id engine will blow UE3 out of the water. What's your point?

Doom3 is a 5 year old game and will be out years before an unreal3 powered game. It's not exactly comparing like for like. It's the same as comparing graphics cards, todays cutting edge is low spec a year later.

It would be nice if level and texture design complemented the engines.

People who say WOW to something like this are the kind of people who said WOW to a to a trailer of 2 Fast 2 Furious or Bad Boys 2.

Why do these sorts of things come out 2 years in advance of us being able to actually touch them? Are we just secretly unsatisfied with everything that is already in front of us? And if so, was it because we all watched videos of it 2 years before we actually got to see it for real?

I can understand the need to hype something up, 2, 3, even 4 months before it ships, but nowadays it seems like I know well every game that comes out even before I've played it. Theres no feeling of surprise anymore, even from watching this video, because any mug could have told you that games in 2006 will look that good.

The teasing bastards.

Also, playing a game for the graphics is the exact same thing as being with a girl for the sex.

AndrewB said:

Also, playing a game for the graphics is the exact same thing as being with a girl for the sex.

I actually agree with AndrewB for once.

AndrewB said:

Now I wouldn't say THAT....

I just hope epic gets it right or I will find Tim Sweeney and give him a piece of my mind. I still need to get him for screwing up my PC a few years ago.... :sigh:

BlackFish said:

Is it just me, or do I get a password incorrect error?

It's just you.

AndrewB said:

People can play a game for whatever fuckall reason they want to. There's nothing wrong with it. The video game isn't going to give an emotional response if it finds out your intentions.

You can't tell me that you walk away from playing a game, humming and satisfied, because there are SOOOOO many polygons.

That's good you took an extreme approach.

While certainly I COULD be talking about myself, I am not. However, I am a visual person, and consider the art and general visual appearance an integral part of a game. What that means depends on the context of the game, but I'm sure for some people it's an even larger part. I did not stress one side over the other. I simply said that people may play a game for whatever reasons they choose.

AndrewB said:

Well, if the sex isn't good or is lacking altogether, what's the point anyway? The real thing is that boob size doesn't necessarily determine if she's hot.

Just because people choose to play a game, it doesn't mean that the game is everything that they'd like it to be. A lot of people buy and play games because they feel that they should —— kind of like going to bad movies out of habit.

myk said:

Well, if the sex isn't good or is lacking altogether, what's the point anyway?

Dear god.

AndrewB said:

People who say WOW to something like this are the kind of people who said WOW to a to a trailer of 2 Fast 2 Furious or Bad Boys 2.

Shut up please. I absolutely hate 2F2F and BB2. And obviously, when I said WOW I was referring to the graphics since I had NOTHING ELSE TO REFER TO.

Well, I must say that we're simply being taken for a ride. The poor-image-quality demo movie is the oldest graphics scam in the book.