Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nunez

The actual music.

Has anyone tried to identify all the cover songs in Doom? I know this may some dumb, and not worth it. Yet, I identified I think around 4-5. I know theres more to be found, but I think some of it's underground(music) and hard to get to.

Tell you the truth, I think it is. One day when I was watching MTV2 Pantera came on with "Mouth of War." I stared at the TV for two minutes then realizing that it was from Doom.

Nunez said:

Tell you the truth, I think it is. One day when I was watching MTV2 Pantera came on with "Mouth of War." I stared at the TV for two minutes then realizing that it was from Doom.

Nah, Pantera did it first.

Yeah, I'd would figure. The song did come out in the 80's and Doom in the early 90's. It's just the song was jabbing the back of my head trying to make me remember.

Im gonna make that a thread in General see what everone else thinks about the song. Who knows, maybe theres songs that Ive never heard that sound exactly like DooM tunes.

Edit: Im a lazy ass Im gonna copy un den paste. ;]

There was no need to make another thread about this same subject.

I agree I guess. I just kinda wanted to know what everybody thought about it, and I figured no one would really see it in this thread. That's cool with me though. *Shoots self in face*

On an unrelated (mostly) note: I notice that Episode 1, Level 5 from Duke Nukem 2 is a cover of "Skin of my Teeth" by Megadeth.

to sum up the aftermath of all the conversations on this already: bobby prince is a fucking thief. 'nuff said.

Not entirely. Didn't John Romero want nothing but Metal in this game? 'Cause I know that he likes Metal.

Thats great. Come to think of it, I've been listening to classic rock and I have noticed how some songs from Mega Man X sound like they're modeled after some classic rock music. There are other cases of music in games that I've heard that sould too much like music in real life. It's fun to find these things. :D

Parts of d_runnin are very similar to the intro of Megadeth - Hanger 18. Just thought I'd mention because I don't see it on the DooM Covers list.

Somehow, Metallica's "The Call Of Ktulu" sounds more like MAP23 than E2M2 to me.
I'm not quite sure if Bobby Prince even used this one for inspiration. I agree with the other ones, though.

EDIT: I wonder why I didn't noticed it before, but MAP28 is apparently a remix of E2M2. So this then, also would be rip off of Metallica.

I shall never listen to MAP10's music in quite the same way again. I even had that as a ringtone (the Doom version, not Black Sabbath's).

No wonder people used to look at me funny when my phone went off on the bus.

LogicDeLuxe said:

I wonder why I didn't noticed (sic) it before, but MAP28 is apparently a remix of E2M2. So this then, also would be rip off of Metallica.

No, I don't think Getting Too Tense is a remix of The Demons from Adrian's Pen at all.

Notice, however, that many of the Doom songs follow the same progression of base notes - E to A, back to E, then B to A, and then back to E.

were these intentional, or music by bands that sound like doom music?

nm. i guess intentional. some of them sound way to close to the doom level music.