Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Grazza

Polls were broken (now fixed)

Polls aren't working correctly at present. They just seem to overwrite an old poll, link to the wrong thread, and to retain the "who has voted?" information from that old poll.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

I considered that, but thought there might be some insightful or helpful responses that would help sort out the problem.

I still have the option of deleting all the replies and locking the thread later, after all.

For some reason, poll auto-numbering in the database has restarted at 386, where it should have kept going at 987. The last three polls that were created are '386', 'Which do you prefer?', '387', 'Vote to test polls', and '388', 'Did this poll work?'. Apparently, the constraint on the pollid autonumber in the database that tells it to be unique is not present. These polls (and their threads) will have to be deleted.

If these polls were important (i.e. not made just for the sake of testing polls), please recreate them.

Bloodshedder said:

The last three polls that were created are '386', 'Which do you prefer?', '387', 'Vote to test polls', and '388', 'Did this poll work?'. Apparently, the constraint on the pollid autonumber in the database that tells it to be unique is not present. These polls (and their threads) will have to be deleted.

"Vote to test polls" and "Did this poll work?" were just test polls (though it is a shame that mine was deleted just after "cat" had taken the lead :p).

"Which do you prefer?" was the Art Contest Poll. The voting stood at 2 each at the point when it was first pointed out that things were screwed up.

The "2 each" was an incorrect tally. If someone had already voted on the previous poll that it was tied to, they would not have been able to vote on the art thread poll. Thus, I doubt any of those 4 votes were real.

Anyways, the problem has been fixed.