Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kevingpo

DoomGL 1.0 / ZDoomGL 0.66.2

Does anyone have the source files to DoomGL 1.0 or ZDoomGL 0.66.2? I would really like to see how the MD2 was supported as I want to help write it.

Cheers

kevingpo said:

Does anyone have the source files to DoomGL 1.0 or ZDoomGL 0.66.2? I would really like to see how the MD2 was supported as I want to help write it.

Cheers

Please do everyone a favor and do not use this code! It's a total mess and even though it accomplished to some degree what it wanted I don't have the slightest desire for it to foul up the new ZDoomGL.

Yeah, the new model system is going to be much different internally. I'm hoping for a good object-oriented approach so it'll be easy to add new model formats (just write a loader and interface for the format). I might use parts of it as a reference (since obviously it can load the models just fine), but it's not going to be what I base the system on.

Alright. To tell you the truth I am writing a little md2 displayer and wanted to see how DoomGL managed to import/use md2 models which were originally made for Quake2 Generations mod.

Just needed info/help for a little mod of my own.

timmie said:

Ok, I uploaded the source for 0.66 (not sure if it's 0.66.2 or not, I think it is, though): http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/zdoomgl/ZDoomGLS066.zip?download

Note that this sourcecode is completely unsupported. I haven't even tried to compile it in ages and I don't even remember what you need to compile it. Probably the MIDAS sound libraries, NASM, and OpenPTC at least, though.

aww cheers timmie u r the best! I will try and debug this code to try and find those bugs which cause everyone those crashing every 5mins, etc.